• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Role Paying

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 am Reply with quote
omg Mass Effect is going to own my soul for a few months.. have 4 playthroughs ready to go! mwahahahahhaah Very Happy

Ehem.. Thank you so much for the rest of the list. My heart jumped at Suikoden then realized just as you wrote your review.. my favorite series of all time really did stop with 2.. I played 1-4 and nothing came close to how well 1-2 played. Back then I never payed attention to directors, etc. so I had no idea anyone left and that's why 3 and on seemed.. lacking. I haven't played my PSP (original) in eons and the likelihood of this sucker ever hitting US soil.. yeah.. I'm never going to see this.

Great post and passing on to my gaming friends Very Happy
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
good lord all of those rpgs... I would be busy for hours..ahem. Any-ways nice column as always. On a whole different note i am actually surprised they are trying to revive the panzer dragoon franchise. I suppose I am one of the few fans that owns all four games... damn i hate being old lol

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PipingHotTea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:20 am Reply with quote
Hnng Mass Effect 3. Can't wait to get it.
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
Doesn't Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 come out this week as well (as in, today)? Kind of surprising there's no mention of it in the release section.
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote
Oops... just realized I misread the title. Hah. "Next Week".. thought it said This Week.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Mass Effect 3. I haven't been this hyped for a game in ages.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
SFxT has poison, that's all I needed.

Hopefully everyone actually puts their money where there mouth is and cough up what's due for The Last Story
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:01 am Reply with quote
I die a little inside when I think about the fate of Suikoden. Those were such great epic games. 1-2 were incredible, 3-4 were mediocre, but I thought 5 really picked it up again and would put it at a tie for the #2 spot along with the first one. It's a shame that this franchise never really got the success it deserved, IMO.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Apparently set within one of many worlds referenced in the DS-based Suikoden Tierkreis

For the record, those worlds were first referenced in Suikoden I. And, IIRC, play a large role in one of the Gaiden games. Tierkreis was not the first game to deal with multiple worlds. In the main games, we know of at least 2 additional worlds, the world of wings and scales (where the dragons come from), and the world that all of the summoned monsters come from.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 am Reply with quote
Suiokden II will forever be my favorite RPG out there. Amazing story and characters which flow and intertwine together amazingly. The relationship and growth between Riou, Jowy, and Nanami will always be up there as my favorite.

Graces F, Xenoblade, and Hyper Dimension Neptunia 2 are all good too.

(I think the ME3 cover thing is what we call the Call of Duty pose. A generic solider walking towards the camera with his gun in hand. Seriously, it's on every current gen Call of Duty cover. Not sure why shooters love that pose so much. Even Battlefield 3 does it.)
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Poison...

No matter what Poison's gender is, she's still sexy.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
I played the demo for that Tales spin-off, and that was a lot of button mashing. Having Zelos, Farah, Reid, and Tytree included in the full game makes me want to gut the full version.

Atlus will probably release Eternal Punishment PSP in english, even though the PSP doesn't seem to be doing too well here anymore. Seeing how Devil Survivor 2 just came out on the DS I don't think they'll pass up on another Megaten game just yet. Can't say the same for the new Suikoden game though...maybe Konami would do something like a PSN release.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
NENDOROID GENERATION

Worked for Lego.

I'd actually be curious for a demo of this on the 360.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
I'm planning on getting Street Fighter x Tekken, but probably not right away.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Todd, again you got a few minor errors in this article. You should probably proofread carefully before submitting these things.

Last Story: With Xenoblade and this coming, I can't and won't complain about lack of good RPGs for the Wii anymore.

Persona 2 EP: I really need to get Innocent Sin and play it. I can't call myself a true fan of Persona if I don't. EP was awesome, one of the best and last good PS1 RPGs to be released. I might just get the PSP port of that as well.

Woven Web: Agreed with Titan, Suiko II was an incredible game full of replay value, playable characters and an amazing story (still own my copy to this day and never letting it go). I don't know what to expect from this series anymore.

Tales of the Heroes: In all honesty, this isn't my cup of tea but it seems my good friends at the Tales forums are actually keen on the game. I don't think I'll ever play it though. I'm just tingling with anticipation for the release of Graces F.

Last edited by belvadeer on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2