• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
From the lovely and talented Bamboo Dong:
SakechanBD wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
The "suck dick to live" part ... wasn't mentioned past episode 1, and maybe one more time in episode 10 or 11... What, because they maybe implied it one time over 13 episode invalidates absolutely everything?
No, you're right. Just because they only mentioned twice that she has to suck dick to live, doesn't mean it should stand out at all.

"Thomas Edison was really great. He was an innovator, a technological beacon, a huge advocate of creative thought in Western society, and a well-respected businessman. He also sucked dick to live."
"Wait, what?"
Edison's Wikipedia page needs to be updated.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't the only one who thought this comeback was perfectly aimed:

Surrender Artist wrote:
Sebow wrote:
...You can't stop the ass-holes.... You can't stop the ass-holes... You can't stop the ass-holes.

So, is this your way of saying there's nothing we can do about you?

Here is the link to the post.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Here's a beautiful little gem from the thread about spoilers ruining a series for you.

dtm42 wrote:
Dessa wrote:
For the record, I was spoiled on it, because a friend of mine told me in person how it ended, while we were discussing an unrelated series.

A good friend helps you move house.

A great friend helps you to bury the body.

A wonderful friend however knows to STFU and avoid spilling the beans for series and movies you have yet to watch.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Why thank you. But I didn't really do much. I learnt the first two lines from my dad several years ago, and he and his best friend know it because it's just a well-known saying that people of his generation probably tend to know. All I did was add in the third line and make it supersede the first two.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The recent ANNCast discussion thread has been the best entertainment 'round these parts for ages.

Here's a post that sums up just how fun this thread is:

Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
merr wrote:
Wakazhi wrote:
Bible stuff...

Kakugo wrote:
Wakazhi wrote:
nonsense

tuxedocat wrote:
Wakazhi wrote:
more neo fascist "Christian" eugenics horseshit

COMBO!!! Twisted Evil

Just a note, the discussion takes a few pages to really get going, but once it does, it's awesome. I don't mean to single her out, but this post was probably the spark that started the awesomeness. However, this post, with its talk of homosexuals having brain abnormalities . . . yeah, thread derailment achieved. (To be fair to 504NOSON2, they did provide some measure of evidence in a subsequent post, but still, the thread's all off-topic from there.)
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
From the Madoka review thread:

Melanchthon wrote:
And quite honestly, Nanoha is nothing like Madoka. Nanoha was Shinbo's attempt to the win the coveted Most Gratuitous Use of Third Grade Nipples in a Serious Screenplay award.

I've seen neither of the shows in question but I absolutely loved this comment.
Tris8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
This is from the Introductions thread.

willag wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
egoist wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Oh and I was crowned the King of Anime because of my awesomeness. Blood-chan is my jester.

And who is the queen? Laughing

I'm the King of Anime. I run a harem, obviously.

Yeah, more commonly known as "left hand" and "right hand". And on a good day, "paid help". Laughing

continued:
The King of Harts wrote:
willag wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
1000 points from Ravenclaw.

And here I was considering making you my main heroine.

In your harem? Then I consider myself to have lucked out. Laughing

Besides, Righty is a hard one to compete with due to all of that experience. I think I'd crack underneath the pressure constantly comparing myself.

Anyways, you could still make me the main heroine - I'd just be that bitch everyone loves to hate and cheers when she finally dies a gruesome death.

You'd be the Sekai to my Makoto!
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 am Reply with quote
From the Talkback thread about Illya getting her own Anime:

ikillchicken wrote:
Hey guys. I'm a little worried here. This whole Fate/ franchise seems pretty cool. I'm really starting to like it. Is there any way you could make it utterly awful instead so I can go back to hating everything?

Quote:
Ecchi magical girl manga with Ilya as the main character

Perfect! Thanks! Laughing

I sniggered mightily.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
From the Nisemonogatari thread (the spoiler tag is a vague spoiler for a plot element in episode 10):

Rhyono wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:
Kirkdawg wrote:
How does one specialize in the killing of spoiler[immortal beings?]

By being in an anime.

Valid response to just about anything.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
You had to be on the community forum to see this gem of a riposte from Blood-.

errinundra wrote:
…Some other regular posters have a very short wick - including some subscribers who have posted in this thread...

Blood- wrote:
…And as for the subscribers who have posted in this thread and who have a "very short wick" ... I can't IMAGINE who you are referring to. Wink Wink

HEY, THAT SHORT WICK THING WASN'T SOME KIND OF SMALL PENIS CRACK WAS IT, YOU INSUFFERABLE BASTARD!!! Wink Wink Wink

I was laughing so much I couldn't respond for ten minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- is becoming a superstar it seems.

So I clicked on this news (Tamayura 'Healing Anime') expecting to see boobs.

Blood- wrote:
Behold the miraculous healing power of ... boredom.

And then I went to the thread to make fun of the anime, but I was too late as you can see.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Was there any doubt in anyone's mind that Tony K.'s recent expression of disapproval wouldn't end up here?

Tony K. wrote:
I'd love to see |\~"Death Note"~/| take place in America. L would look soooo funny eating a |\~"Big Mac"~/| and some |\~"Chicken McNuggets"~/| with the clear and apparent corporate American influence on his food instead of some lousy no-name Japanese brand potato chips.

And when he eats his ice cream desserts, instead of making it a little ice cream bowl, they can make it a half gallon bucket of |\~"Blue Bell Ice Cream"~/|. And in his spare time, he can watch |\~"The Kardashians"~/| on his American-made CRT television set that's getting its service from |\~"Time Warner Cable"~/|, a very American company that specializes in very American programming.

In terms of story, I think they should change Light's name to something more American like Jimmer. And instead of being a high school student, they can make him a high school dropout because it's more American that way. Instead of a member of the police force, I think his father should be a pastor and we'll change his name to Thaddeus. And of course Interpol isn't American enough, so we'll obviously have to change them into the |\~"FBI"~/|. Oh, and instead of a notebook serving as Jimmer's tool of justice, how about we make it a tablet instead because |\~"Apple"~/| is very American? And since shinigami don't exist in America, let's just call them IRS auditors because the parallels between the two jobs are practically the same.

For production, I'd obviously want |\~"Disney"~/| to do the animation because you just can't get more American than that. And for the music, I'd like to hear the work of great American composer |\~"Theodore Shapiro"~/|, who's done some outstanding work for other great American movies such as |\~"Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story"~/|, |\~"Blades of Glory"~/|, and |\~"Tropic Thunder"~/|.

That would be so awesome. I just can't contain my excitement at the thought!

I know many people have been annoyed with Snomaster1 for their formatting idiosyncrasies (to put it mildly) but this is the best comeback I've seen thus far.
Svidrigailov

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the joys of post-postmodernism/hyperrealism.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
@dtm42 - lol at that Tony K. post you quoted. I thought it was a game of madlibs being played there.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Lol, from the PMMM v. 2 review thread:

Surrender Artist wrote:
Zac wrote:
I'm gonna retitle this thread "help a guy figure out why he has a robot heart and does not understand this human "empathy"

Wait, they made a magical girl show about Mitt Romney?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 90 of 105