• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! Lawsuit Settled Between 4Kids, ADK, TV Tokyo

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
...and there goes any chance of seeing a uncut release for yugioh oh well theres still hope maybe discotek or someone gets the original series. i stopped watching yugioh awhile ago when zexal started but i still really like the original and GX.
yamiangie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me that ADK,TV tokyo didnnot give up and and have ended up having to give 4kids money? Well so much for hopping 4kids would end up super bankrupt with the lawyer bills.

Last edited by yamiangie on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hiro94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
This really sucks i was hoping 4kids would get sued for every penny they own and go bankrupt:( Oh well maybe one day.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Such a shame.

Even if you like the 4Kids dub (why) it's still sad. In addition to the lack of respect for the original works of any of their shows, they don't even respect their own version since they don't even dub the entirety of each series and always skip the last like 30 episodes and leave the series unfinished. Completely unprofessional.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
yami: I know it ain't popular, but if 4Kids acted faithfully and fulfilled their end of the contract, then TV Tokyo's got nothing. But they'll probably end up shaking 4K down for a cut of the residuals. Though if YuGiOh isn't the hitmaker it once was, then all this legal wrangling will have been for nothing.
Keima-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes I find it incredible that a company that is hated by the fanbase it targets still manages to get back up on its feet each time.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
and just like the energizer bunny 4kids just keeps going and going all while leaving a trail of awful dubs and ridiculous amounts of content that was cut out of the episodes
Kayube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
4Kids has been getting better about providing access to the uncut versions of shows more recently. They have streams of the subtitled versions of Yu-Gi-Oh GX and 5D's. I'd still prefer to have actual physical releases of them though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This really sucks i was hoping 4kids would get sued for every penny they own and go bankrupt:( Oh well maybe one day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Is it still amicable when only one side gets what it wants?
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
To anybody thinking that 4Kids had some sort of upside, remember "One Piece." That is all.
witchlingaria

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. I dislike everything about 4Kids, and I am looking forward to the day they collapse and someone else gets the licenses for their stuff.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Kayube wrote:
4Kids has been getting better about providing access to the uncut versions of shows more recently. They have streams of the subtitled versions of Yu-Gi-Oh GX and 5D's. I'd still prefer to have actual physical releases of them though.

They have dubtitles though.. and I'm not sure if they even have all the episodes.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
At least 4kids was hit with some kind of bill, although I wish this would be the last time I ever would hear any news of 4kids again.

While I wouldn't want any employees of 4kids to lose their jobs, I really do wish 4kids would at the very least attempt to try to change their practices. Not going to ever happen though I bet.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
While I wouldn't want any employees of 4kids to lose their jobs, I really do wish 4kids would at the very least attempt to try to change their practices. Not going to ever happen though I bet.

I don't see why. If your company makes a bad product, you deserve to go out of business. It's business 101. Then another company moves in to take over. In this case, probably Funimation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7