• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 6th Annual Seiyū Award Winners Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark-kyon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
so ai kayano win new actress award,so ume no only never nobody put her in his place,also won a award.i love her,i want more ume.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Madoka is actually a thankless role as these things go.

I think her performances as Murasaki in Kurenai and Mna Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund were much more compelling than her work as Madoka. She had a lot more to work with in those scripts. Madoka is actually a rather flat character with a fairly limited dramatic range.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 am Reply with quote
JDuks wrote:
Good job to Shaft Guy for getting Most Votes Award. WTF does that even mean?

Voting is open for the Seiyuu Awards every year for most of the categories. It usually starts around October and ends in January, iirc. This award is for the person who received the most votes.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
I'm so glad that Aoi Yuki got Best Lead Actress. I've only watched the firet two episodes of Madoka subbed, but I love her voice. She doesn't sound so "fake" like many other seiyuu.

I was more impressed by Aoi Yuki's other roles, in particular her "dual" roles in Samurai Girls and her snarkless snarking in Demon King. Madoka is actually a thankless role as these things go.

As for Tomoko Kawakami, I loved her comedy work and her deft touching voice in the genre was like taking a sledge hammer to a watermelon. Well, anyway, she wasn't subtle.

And Misuzu. Forever Misuzu.

Well, I don't follow Seiyū at all (I follow English dub actors), so I wouldn't really know Yuki's other roles. I'll probably check out Kurenai, though.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
Watched the ceremony/party and was disappointed that like half the seiyuu who won were not present and their award was accepted by a proxy. What's the point of even holding something like this if not all the recipients will be attending?

...At least Kamiya was there or else I would have been very disappointed.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
*follows the link to this story from the most recent Aoi Yuki story that I was going to make a funny comment on >>> sees award list, surprised that Chiwa Saito didn't make it >>> sees opening comments re: Tomoko Kawakami, wonders who the heck that is >>> goes back and checks affiliated roles OH SH-*

Sad Aw dang, really? She died? And it was only some a couple months ago that I finished watching The Student Council Saga of Utena for the first time; she was great in her role. Definitely doesn't encourage me to make a funny comment about Aoi Yuuki teaching world history, not now, anyway.

It's definitely a good thing that she got some sort of honor, even if posthumously.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NIEADINNE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
JDuks wrote:
Good job to Shaft Guy for getting Most Votes Award. WTF does that even mean?

What do you mean? That Shaft Guy is the voice actor of Izaya (Durarara!!), Mephisto (BlueExorcist), Natsume (natsumeYuujinchou), Otonashi (AngelBeats!), Tieria (Gundam00) and lots more amazing characters. But I guess Kamiya is extremely famous due to his personality...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2