• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
U.S. Discontinued / OOP Anime Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Wait, Ranma TV and the Movies are still in print. The second edition boxsets are still available on Rightstuf, Amazon, and so on. And the movie boxset is still listed on both sites as well.

Italicized releases represent possible OOP status. Those listed properties are pretty fluid (in/out of print; questionable stock status,...). As for Ranma TV (particularly the first set) had in-stock issues in the past (should be last year). It was to the point (if I remember correctly), listings were removed. The movie set was in a similar situation. I will keep an eye on it for a bit longer before removing both from the list.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
It looks like another Manga Entertainment license may be going away. The DVD and Blu-ray releases are still readily available in secondary online retail outlets. With that said, it may be a good idea to pick either up before the price goes up (especially if it doesn't go back in-print in the near future).
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:38 pm Reply with quote
via RACS
Quote:
Funi let us know that FN-04579 Aquarion Season 1 Complete Collection (S.A.V.E) is now out of print. Funi is out of stock and will not be making anymore, so it's now limited to stock on hand.

Quote:
Oh well, moving on, Bandai sent us a note this week to let us know that the Kurokami DVD's and BD's are now out of print. The BD's are already out of stock at Bandai and they will not be making anymore of either, so this one too is now on 'stock on hand' status, though we will try to keep them in stock as long as possible through secondary sources.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Ergo Proxy is coming back in print under FUNimation's Anime Classic line (Trailer).
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Not pertinent to me, considering that I already have the 2008 Geneon box, but I will remark that this is a smart decision. Ergo Proxy, while not having the largest following, is highly rated, and will most certainly be picked up by collectors and others who were interested but missed the other two boxes.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 am Reply with quote
Great news for Ergo Proxy being re-released, just wish there was a Blu-Ray release being mentioned as well... Crying or Very sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:39 am Reply with quote
I already own Ergo Proxy as well, but that is good news for anyone who didn't pick it up before it went OOP. It would be great if some more Funi rescues come back that I didn't scoop up at the time - like Fate/Stay Night.
Zopelthe543

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I already own Ergo Proxy as well, but that is good news for anyone who didn't pick it up before it went OOP. It would be great if some more Funi rescues come back that I didn't scoop up at the time - like Fate/Stay Night.
Or like When they... Cr... Ca.... CRY! oh god here comes the tears.
smashwagon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
It is nice to see them bringing back some Geneon properties.. Please reissue the Story of Saiunkoku and Nanoha, Funi!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Zopelthe543 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Far be it from me to rub it in, but...

*rubs it in*

...I got that one, too. Wink

But yeah, I'd totally scoop up Nanoha, too. There's some other title I missed and I can't bloody think of it right now...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I think you said one time that you missed out on getting Fate/Stay Night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I did, but I mentioned that one a few posts above. There's another one and it's bugging me that I can't remember it...

...just checked out Funi's Geneon rescue list and F/SN was the only one that really leapt out at me after all. I wish I'd gotten Kamichu! while it was a Funi license because it would have been cheaper than the copy I bought recently. I'm interested in Story of Saiunkoku and Kyo kara Maoh! but I'm not super bummed I missed out.
Zopelthe543

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:28 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Zopelthe543 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Far be it from me to rub it in, but...

*rubs it in*

...I got that one, too. Wink

But yeah, I'd totally scoop up Nanoha, too. There's some other title I missed and I can't bloody think of it right now...
blegh I've already traumatized myself enough with not buying the series when I had the perfect chances (while being aware that it was OOP too). ugh, as sad as I am at least there is still some hope... In Australia that is lol.
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
smashwagon wrote:
It is nice to see them bringing back some Geneon properties.. Please reissue the Story of Saiunkoku and Nanoha, Funi!

FUNi already said no to Saiunkoku. Nothing official has been said for Nanoha. Round-up can be seen below.

Renewed:

• Black Lagoon / Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Hellsing Ultimate [Vol.1 - Vol.4]
  • Shakugan no Shana

Unknown:

• Elemental Gelade
  • Fate/stay Night
  • Karin
  • Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha / Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
  • Shonen Onmyouji
  • Tales of Phantasia

Won't be renewed:

• Kamichu!
  • Kyo Kara Maoh!
  • Paradise Kiss
  • Rozen Maiden / Rozen Maiden: Träumend | License rescued by Sentai Filmworks
  • The Familiar of Zero (Season 1) | Season 4 is licensed by Sentai Filmworks
  • The Law of Ueki
  • The Story of Saiunkoku (Season 1)
  • When They Cry - Higurashi

Last edited by WTK on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
wormraper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
smashwagon wrote:

FUNi already said no to Saiunkoku. Nothing official has been said for Nanoha. Round-up can be seen below.

Renewed:

• Black Lagoon / Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Hellsing Ultimate [Vol.1 - Vol.4]
  • Shakugan no Shana

Unknown:

• Elemental Gelade
  • Fate/stay Night
  • Karin
  • Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha / Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
  • Shonen Onmyouji
  • Tales of Phantasia

Won't be renewed:

• Kamichu!
  • Kyo Kara Maoh!
  • Paradise Kiss
  • Rozen Maiden / Rozen Maiden: Träumend | License rescued by Sentai Filmworks
  • The Familiar of Zero (Season 1) | from 6/9 | Season 4 is licensed by Sentai Filmworks
  • The Law of Ueki
  • The Story of Saiunkoku (Season 1)
  • When They Cry - Higurashi

damn, I was hoping for Season 3 of KK Maoh Sad. also hoping for Familiar of Zero Sad. at least I have season 1 and now S4 is being licensed by Sentai. any word on season 2 and 3?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11