• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Series that you'd like to see get a "proper" anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
On the note of Pokémon Adventures, I'd like to bring up the topic of The Legend of Zelda. Now, I'm sure that a lot of fans have not read the Legend of Zelda manga, but people are probably familiar with the 1980s Saturday Morning cartoon show. Well, excuse me princess but I would like to see a redone version of that based on the manga as opposed to the strangeness that inspired that show.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:09 am Reply with quote
vashna wrote:
On the note of Pokémon Adventures, I'd like to bring up the topic of The Legend of Zelda. Now, I'm sure that a lot of fans have not read the Legend of Zelda manga, but people are probably familiar with the 1980s Saturday Morning cartoon show. Well, excuse me princess but I would like to see a redone version of that based on the manga as opposed to the strangeness that inspired that show.

That show's strangeness was inspired by that like most games of the time that got made into cartoons, there wasn't as much plot to it as later games.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
Alive: The Final Evolution
King of Thorn
Highschool Debut
No. 6
Baccano!
Durarara!!
Cat Paradise
Ooku
Nightmare Inspector: Yumekui Kenbun
Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
Lying Mii-kun and Broken Maa-chan: Precious Lies
Land of The Blindfolded
Haru wo Daite Ita/Embracing Love
Bokura ga Ita/We Were There

Last edited by Ashen Phoenix on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
kakitamike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
I want an Ikki Tousen reboot. The anime diverged from the manga in it's first iteration and the subsequent seasons seem to stray farther from the epic continuity of the manga.

I'd like a reboot of ikki tousen as well.

Or if we can really wellwish, They should move on to battle club.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
timesteel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:33 am Reply with quote
I may take a lot of flak for this but im gonna say Akira. I love the movie but I really dont think it does the manga justice.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
If we're going to count series that simply ended too soon, I'd say Sasameki Koto. They only adapted twelve chapters (out of fifty-something) and ended it well before things got into gear(at least the ending point they chose was satiating, if not satisfying). I'd love to see the flashback arc animated, but the series has been over long enough that it getting so much as licensed is going to take a special miracle.
anime racket

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see a better Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning anime
series. The anime only went up to volume six. Bonus points
if someone animates Spiral Alive.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Fruits Basket- A version that goes all the way to the end of the manga. Also, one that didn't royally mess up spoiler[Akito's true gender].

Shaman King- Now that the manga's done, they could easily go the FMA: Brotherhood route and redo it.

Battle Royale- I'd love to see an adaptation more faithful to the Koshun Takami novel. Just as long as they tone down the nudity. I mean, the novel had implied sex, but it wasn't as graphic in the manga.

Yotsuba &!- The manga's been around for half a decade already. I loved AMD, so I'd like to see his other work adapted.[/i]
Dr. Otacon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 am Reply with quote
To my knowledge Team Medical Dragon got a live action show, but I'm not sure how to go about finding it, and from what I hear it changes a lot of the manga around. so to answer the question, I would love to see Team Medical Dragon get a faithful anime adaptation, because it really is a fantastic manga and one of the few manga I read.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

Battle Royale- I'd love to see an adaptation more faithful to the Koshun Takami novel. Just as long as they tone down the nudity. I mean, the novel had implied sex, but it wasn't as graphic in the manga.

Yotsuba &!- The manga's been around for half a decade already. I loved AMD, so I'd like to see his other work adapted.[/i]

I don't think Battle Royale ever got an anime. It did get a couple of live action movies though. As for Yotsuba, Kiyohiko Azuma has said he doesn't want it animated, so that's highly unlikely to happen.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Shaman King- Now that the manga's done, they could easily go the FMA: Brotherhood route and redo it.

It'd be an injustice to Takei (by way of being an injustice to the entire Shaman King franchise) if the anime were to never be redone.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see Yotsuba get a Proper anime seeing as it was my first Manga and all ( I know Kiyohiko Azuma said he doesn't want one but we could all hope he would change his mind eventually) and I'd like to see Sailor V get an anime, even if its a few OVA's I wouldn't mind just get someone to animate it! Anime hyper
ridiculus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 am Reply with quote
I am not so enthusiastic about the manga-to-anime adaptations, and even prefer for anime to be produced on the original material.

But I have to say that Nejimaki Kagyu would function perfectly in the anime form. It is a pretty new title, published in Weekly Young Jump, and not available in English yet, with bizarre character designs and lot of energy perfectly suited to be animated.

On the other hand, there are some excellent series which I would pay for not to be made into anime (that is, if I had money Wink ) like some parts of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Karakuri Circus, Kiseijuu, etc, if the animators couldn't assure us that they were able to capture the styles of the original authors.
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
NARUTARU: could have been a post-Eva classic, and THE subversive anime to end all subversive anime, but ended up a confusing(though still interesting), incomplete mess. And a complete adaption of DETROIT METAL CITY would be the best music/band-based anime ever. I'd also like to have a heavier sound for D.M.C.; when reading the manga I always imagined them and the other bands as sounding more like Zeni Geva or early G.I.S.M.. Another vote for SPIRAL too. Although I thought the manga ending was underwhelming it's still one of my favorite series. And it would be awesome seeing the school hostage arc animated. There's also manga that have had live action movie adaptions(DRIFTING CLASSROOM, UZUMAKI, TOMIE, YURIA 100) that I think would work better as full anime series.
vashna

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
As for Akira, I wouldn't criticize you for saying that. I loved the film, but I could see the manga reinterpreted as maybe an actual series or an OVA. I just wonder if I could take seeing it with different animation. Would it be best for a reimagined series to take a new angle or attempt to emulate the look of the original film? I'm really not sure of the answer to that question myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4