• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Library War: The Wings of Revolution Film's Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Looks like an interesting and original movie..I might watch this along with Steins; Gate film, Strike Witches the Movie, and Blood-C: The Last Dark this summer :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
So... is this just a retelling of the story? I really loved the TV series and was excited to hear about the film but I'd be a little less so if it's not a continuation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
So... is this just a retelling of the story? I really loved the TV series and was excited to hear about the film but I'd be a little less so if it's not a continuation.

No, it's a continuation. I can't wait! This should be the the perfect tonic to cleanse Production IG of Guilty Crown.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic! I'd always wished there'd been more from this series, and I'll settle for a movie, as I'd never expected that!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm no stranger to this franchise. I read the "Library Wars" manga and I thought it was interesting. I wonder when someone's going to license this and bring it to America. Hopefully,they'll dub it into English.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
YES! I hope this gives someone inspiration to provide an R1 release of the TV Series, which I loved.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Ahh pretty cool considering the series' BD-BOX is getting a re-release this May. Good stuff!
Lordziba

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Question, where is this movie standing regarding the animated series? Is it sequel?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
None of that looks like recap to me, I'd say it's a sequel.

Either way am heavily anticipating it, I loved the series and OVA so I can't wait for this.
M7AS Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to this one. It's too bad the anime hasn't been licensed yet. But I'll keep buying "Love & War" with my fingers crossed.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Totally excited about this. Library Wars is one of my most wanted licenses, and more is awesome!
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't mind seeing this and the series picked for a North American release myself. The more l learn about it, the more I'm interested.
H0shi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote
OH GOD!!!!!!!!!! They are adapting the last novel!!! The last novel!!!!

*dies with happiness*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
I just ran into Library War the other day, and I have to say that it has one of the most ludicrous concepts of any show that I have ever seen. I mean, you pass a law creating a government association to censor books, and then you immediately pass another law making it legal for another organization to defend against the first one with its own military organization? It's like if they banned a product and then made it legal for people to defend against the enforcement of that ban by using deadly force - or like if it were made legal for two political parties to fight each other with their own military forces as long as they filled out the right paperwork first! It's completely ludicrous. It's one thing to have an oppressive regime looking to censor free speech and a group of people who oppose that. It's quite another to legally formalize the whole thing and make it okay for your citizens to fight each other in full-on military conflicts. I don't understand how anyone could have ever thought that the whole idea makes any sense.

But in spite of how absolutely insane the basic idea behind the series is, it's actually quite entertaining - primarily because so much of it focuses on the characters and their interactions rather than the nonsensical political situation. And when the nonsensical political situation affects things, the character stuff still makes it worth it. I'm definitely looking forward to the movie.

But I still find it incredibly bizarre that anyone would consider the whole political situation in Library War to make enough sense to actually publish a story with it. But I guess that it's the characters that matter and not their completely unrealistic situation.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Kalessin wrote:
I just ran into Library War the other day, and I have to say that it has one of the most ludicrous concepts of any show that I have ever seen. I mean, you pass a law creating a government association to censor books, and then you immediately pass another law making it legal for another organization to defend against the first one with its own military organization? It's like if they banned a product and then made it legal for people to defend against the enforcement of that ban by using deadly force - or like if it were made legal for two political parties to fight each other with their own military forces as long as they filled out the right paperwork first! It's completely ludicrous. It's one thing to have an oppressive regime looking to censor free speech and a group of people who oppose that. It's quite another to legally formalize the whole thing and make it okay for your citizens to fight each other in full-on military conflicts. I don't understand how anyone could have ever thought that the whole idea makes any sense.

Given the recent resurgence of attempts at censorship legislation, I think it actually makes for excellent satire. And more broadly, US Congressional intransigency being what it is these days... Sometimes I think more sausage-making would get done if we gave them all guns and let them have at it, team deathmatch-style.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2