• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Stream It Again, Sam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Zac / Justin,

Any chance of getting the CEO of Siren Visual (Eric Cherry, I think) on ANNcast. Even though he's Australian, his company has been releasing some interesting stuff over the last couple of years. I'm sure he'd have a fascinating take on the market.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
On the pirate side... well I just found this lurking around..really people?

Yeah, really. Competent pirates ought to know better than to put the girls from Kanon on a Clannad disk. Laughing
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:14 pm Reply with quote

I do have 100 dollars that I am willing to give up here soon I just need to get call-back on my job lol. On the pirate side... well I just found this lurking around..really people?

Pirates stay classy.

I am excited about the kickstarter idea to see some older shows get some love. I am looking forward to when the beta comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Kickstarter sounds awesome! If the animation companies signed on to the deal offer their cream of the crop, I could see this having real potential. The magical girl shows sound like something that would do well, even though I'd be more interested in what kind of other stuff is offered.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
JesuOtaku wrote:

As for the streaming/Kickstarter thing, words cannot describe how excited I am about that. I wish them all the best, I've wanted a hybrid service like this available for a long time now, and with a niche market like this, I think it's possible for it to thrive. Super-exciting. Anime smile

I think the problem is that younger people expect the world to hand them things for free. They expect that companies should just give them stuff and the only they get in return is knowing that the fans enjoyed it.

Hi Mr. pessimism, hows gloomy corner looking today?

-edit-

Also side note SWAG. If I'm going to support something I want a t-shirt out of it. Possibly with something witty on it. And relevant.

Yet another thought: That pre-funding idea is what I really see is the new stopgap that use to be distribution is now on creation. As in before just making something wasn't enough, you had to get it out there. But now that getting it out there is easy enough, the step before is making something. And that's the new choke point that there is monopoly control. And until we can read minds only the creator can control what gets made.

Last edited by Asterisk-CGY on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Asterisk-CGY wrote:
Yet another thought: That pre-funding idea is what I really see is the new stopgap that use to be distribution is now on creation. As in before just making something wasn't enough, you had to get it out there. But now that getting it out there is easy enough, the step before is making something. And that's the new choke point that there is monopoly control. And until we can read minds only the creator can control what gets made.

One thing you don't need to do is spam the thread with reply after reply. If you're still the most recent response, add your new thought to the existing post.
Fifth B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote

BAHAHA! Pure quality. At least they used characters from a series by the same creators. I would have laughed even harder if they had used the cast of Black Lagoon or something. Out of curiosity, where did you come across this lovely specimen of hilarity?

As for this Kickstarter thing, I like where this is going. Depending on what you get, you can count on my support!
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Fifth B wrote:

BAHAHA! Pure quality. At least they used characters from a series by the same creators. I would have laughed even harder if they had used the cast of Black Lagoon or something. Out of curiosity, where did you come across this lovely specimen of hilarity?

As for this Kickstarter thing, I like where this is going. Depending on what you get, you can count on my support!

I get around on the net always looking for things to amuse me since I have free time working from home. This just happened to be something I thought people would enjoy and was relevant lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to thank you guys for the info and teaser packed podcast. Finally have answers for the reasons why Bakemonogatari and Dennoh Coil aren't licensed yet. And so looking forward to that kickstarter-esque, classic anime site.

Fifth B wrote:

BAHAHA! Pure quality. At least they used characters from a series by the same creators. I would have laughed even harder if they had used the cast of Black Lagoon or something.

it happens

This Chinese boot of Terminator 2 has pictures, text and credits from about a half dozen different movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
I'd donate:
$500 - Pretty Cure (esp. Heartcatch), Rose of Versailles
$250 - Hime-chan no Ribbon, Ashita no Nadja, Shugo Chara, Sugar Sugar Rune, Tokyo Mew Mew (4Kids lost the license)
$100 - any World Masterpiece Theater series, Saint Tail, KKJ, Akazukin Cha Cha, Gokinjo Monogatari
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
I'd donate:
$250 - Hime-chan no Ribbon, Ashita no Nadja, Shugo Chara, Sugar Sugar Rune, Tokyo Mew Mew (4Kids lost the license)
$100 - any World Masterpiece Theater series, Saint Tail, KKJ, Akazukin Cha Cha, Gokinjo Monogatari

I will throw 100 up as well for cha cha but I want to see this series outside of Japan/France and that is Aishiteruze Baby.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
I'd donate:

I will throw 100 up as well for cha cha but I want to see this series outside of Japan/France and that is Aishiteruze Baby.

Shugo Chara, definitely. Although I believe Crunchyroll has the present streaming rights to that? Still, I'd pony up for Shugo Chara. ^O^ \m/
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 am Reply with quote
I'd pledge $250 for Minami-ke (primarily the first season). The amount of money I could pledge for such a thing, though, would be limited by the value of pre-paid credit cards I can get locally.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:02 am Reply with quote
I noticed he said "classic" show and "1978". I wonder if he's implying Future Boy Conan.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote
"Half on DVD and went bust"? Only one I'm aware of like that is I'm Gonna be an Angel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8