• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku's Dai-Kanshasai Concert Guest Lineup Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
What!? No Oneroom, or Ryuryu, or River? No HSP, or Yuni, or 36g? No t.Komine, or AVTechNO? Meh. Razz
Toku-P (aka Headphone Tokyo) is the only one on that list that means anything to me progressively. I hope they will use "Butterfly", or "Hoshinouta", but it will probably be "Spica" again. The rest are mostly generic pop song producers.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quote
Just got done watching this concert streaming live from Tokyo. It was amazing, I'm so glad I joined in to see Miku once again.

Also just want to mention the amazing, unexpected appearance of Kaito at Mikupa!
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Just got done watching this concert streaming live from Tokyo. It was amazing, I'm so glad I joined in to see Miku once again.

Also just want to mention the amazing, unexpected appearance of Kaito at Mikupa!
Wasn't he at LA as well then? I love "Starduster". It always brings a tear to my eyes. I love just about everything Oneroom produces.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Past wrote:

Wasn't he at LA as well then? I love "Starduster". It always brings a tear to my eyes. I love just about everything Oneroom produces.

Nope. SEGA has never put either Kaito or Meiko on stage, yet. 5pb (even though they're called MAGES now, I'm more use to the 5pb name) also never put Kaito or Meiko on stage...until now with Kaito.

We'll see when SEGA's show is up if they'll be any other vocaloid besides Miku, Luka, Rin and Len.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 am Reply with quote
Well that's that for that. Meiko made it, but no Kaito. Miku, and Rin playing the guitar was cute. Looked like a good crowd this time as well. It be interesting if in future Yamaha got involved as well with their recent additions to the vocaloid phenomina, or maybe produced their own brand of concert. I'd be soo there if either came to London with a concert. Very Happy
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Well that's that for that. Meiko made it, but no Kaito. Miku, and Rin playing the guitar was cute. Looked like a good crowd this time as well. It be interesting if in future Yamaha got involved as well with their recent additions to the vocaloid phenomina, or maybe produced their own brand of concert. I'd be soo there if either came to London with a concert. Very Happy
Aww, I wasn't able to catch the live broadcast of the 39 Kanshasai concert, and it was Meiko who I was really hoping to see make a cameo. Oh well, I'll get to see both later anyway on DVD or BluRay.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:54 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Aww, I wasn't able to catch the live broadcast of the 39 Kanshasai concert, and it was Meiko who I was really hoping to see make a cameo. Oh well, I'll get to see both later anyway on DVD or BluRay.
She sang "Change Me", it was her only appearance on stage there. I'll add that at the Singapore Mikupa concert shown previous to 39's, Kaito appeared and sang in one of his appends.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
What!? No Oneroom, or Ryuryu, or River? No HSP, or Yuni, or 36g? No t.Komine, or AVTechNO? Meh. Razz
Toku-P (aka Headphone Tokyo) is the only one on that list that means anything to me progressively. I hope they will use "Butterfly", or "Hoshinouta", but it will probably be "Spica" again. The rest are mostly generic pop song producers.
I don't know what criteria they are using to choose which songs to play in the sets, hence which guests to invite, but regardless I think it's very cool that these musicians get center stage exposure rather than just being names that people may not otherwise recognize or associate with their favorite songs. One thing is for sure, "Double Lariat" made me fall in love with Luka and now I'm a big fan of AgoanikiP (who I'm guessing is the guy with the huge afro).
superdry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Past wrote:
She sang "Change Me", it was her only appearance on stage there. I'll add that at the Singapore Mikupa concert shown previous to 39's, Kaito appeared and sang in one of his appends.

Kaito never appeared at the Singapore Mikupa concert unless there were two concerts and the one that Niconico streamed didn't show him.

If Kaito did appear at the Singapore show, the people over at vocaloidotaku would have gone crazy and I never saw anything about that in the discussion thread about the Singapore show.

This year was the first time both senior Crypton vocaloids appeared on stage.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm only going by what fans said at Hatsune Miku's facebook site, also how did the people at Mikuotaku miss this?
Sega have released a compilation video of the 39's concert on Youtube I'm quite envious now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1