• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisemonogatari (with index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
Well these new characters they have just introduced seem to have the same air to them that Oshino has. They knew exactly what was going on with Araragi and Karen just by looking and took it in their stride. Judging by the way they are obviously looking for Oshino aswell they are possibly in the same line of work as Oshino. The other explaination is that they on the same level as Gullioutine Cutter and co from Kizemonogatari. I think it's more likely to say that they are aquaintances of Kaiki though as he dissapeered out of the picture too fast for my liking so there has to be more to his story I think. He did mention that he knows alot of people who know about oddities in his last episode.

If Araragi has to fight them he has no chance from what mayoi and Karen said. From this it looks like we will see alot more of Shinobu in that case. Speaking of which, the scene where she trips him up is brilliant. It was like they were saving themselves just before they did something that everyone exspected and might have grown old on the viewers.

this arc is about Tsukihi. Those two can't beat Tsukihi. Tsukihi is the most powerful and scary one in the family.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:

I was wondering if someone can answer this aswell but in the episode where Araragi goes to sengoku's house, she tells him somthing along the lines of ''you can't go in that closet I wont forgive you'', after he asks about it.

Was this foreshadowing for soemthing else or is it a joke based on what items of embbaresing clothing he may or may not find in there? Have I missed the point?

I am aware that there is another story arc that involves Sengoku, something snake related that might show her in a different light. Could be a chance that it is related, but I didn't let myself read the details though.

What is wrong Karen, what kind of person randomly spoiler[cuts of their pnytail to give another person a piggyback? It really looks like she did it for the purpose of having his crotch against her head, and legs against her breasts.] Some actual hints, or screen time, would have been nice for this arc's namesake, well chances are the new characters have some relevance.

Best bit was when Koyomi ran towards Mayoi, and him teasing about following her for her developing body.

Maybe I am only noticing it now, but Karen's laugh seems very familiar in this episode. "Nishishi"
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:31 pm Reply with quote
The name Yotsugi, which is a word that means successor in Japanese, inspired me to investigate the new characters’ names.

余接: This is how the official website writes Yotsugi. 余接—This kanji normally means cotangent.

余弦: This is how the official website writes Yozuru. 余弦 –This kanji normally means cosine.

I don’t know how to translate Yozuru. According to jisho.org, zuru means sneaky person or cunning deed, but I'm not sure if sequential voicing or anything along those lines is occurring.

I’ll write about the image I posted a couple days ago in a future post.

Edit: During the first episode of this arc, Koyomi writes the word "circle" in his notebook.
Tris8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
GeminiDS85 wrote:
The name Yotsugi, which is a word that means successor in Japanese, inspired me to investigate the new characters’ names.

余接: This is how the official website writes Yotsugi. 余接—This kanji normally means cotangent.

余弦: This is how the official website writes Yozuru. 余弦 –This kanji normally means cosine.

I don’t know how to translate Yozuru. According to jisho.org, zuru means sneaky person or cunning deed, but I'm not sure if sequential voicing or anything along those lines is occurring.
That's pretty interesting. If only I could remember exactly what cotangent and cosine are Anime hyper Trigonometry was not my best subject.

I loved the Nausicaa reference in this episode, at about 8 mins they showed the giant destroyers from the seven days of fire. Also, when Yodzuru left after talking to Araragi, Karen seemed almost to come out of a trance, and the spot were Kaiki poisoned her on her forehead glowed red. Might have something to do with how Yodzuru knew she'd had contact with a bee oddity?
Ikari1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't quite see that one coming. spoiler[Tsuki is well and trully involved now.]

The end was brilliant. I didn't exspect that sound track to come into it either. It was highly entertaining to see spoiler[Araragi loose his temper] so much.

Next episode is going to be a spoiler[showdown.]

Loved it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Loved the epic scenes @ the end tbh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Well that got intense all of a sudden. Donuts to Ding-Dong to Doomsday in nothing flat.
Ikari1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
I loved the way it built up the tension with the constant door bell ringing until Shinobu points out to Araragi that there was something much worse about to happen being that they were still trying to get inside the house. Then it just got brilliant. I knew it was too soon for spoiler[Kaiki to have just convieniently dissapeered] like that aswell. It has to have been him that told spoiler[the new monster hunters in town about the phoenix]. Must have been some kind of revenge on his part. A nasty piece of work indeed.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
How does one specialize in the killing of spoiler[immortal beings?]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:

By being in an anime.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Kirkdawg wrote:

By being in an anime.

Valid response to just about anything.
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Ikari1 wrote:
The end was brilliant. I didn't exspect that sound track to come into it either. It was highly entertaining to see spoiler[Araragi loose his temper] so much.
Agreed. It's not very often we get to see Araragi show his strength, like when he broke all those handcuffs. I really like the little reminders we get every now and then that Araragi is part vampire.

I wonder how Araragi is going to get the phoenix to leave Tsukihi. Or, I suppose he could find some way to beat those two, but that would be a temporary solution. Maybe he could have Shinobu use her energy drain to weaken it?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
One thing that I'm unclear about: is Tsukihi spoiler[being possessed by a phoenix the way the other girls have been possessed, or IS she a phoenix? I.e. has she always been a fake sister or was she real at one time and then got possessed?] I almost got the impression she was one of those "Dawn" situations (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer where spoiler[everybody's memories are altered to make them think Buffy always had a younger sister])
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I interpreted it that spoiler[right now, the phoenix is Tsukihi, and the actual Tsukihi (who did exist prior to the possession/swap with the phoenix) is... gone? That seems a bit darker than any of the other stories have been, but] based on what the medium woman said, spoiler[there is not currently a real Tsukihi.] Of course, she could be incorrect about that. It is not unusual for the tales to have a twist wherein the supernatural affliction is not what it at first appears to be.
Tris8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
One thing that I'm unclear about: is Tsukihi spoiler[being possessed by a phoenix the way the other girls have been possessed, or IS she a phoenix? I.e. has she always been a fake sister or was she real at one time and then got possessed?] I almost got the impression she was one of those "Dawn" situations (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer where spoiler[everybody's memories are altered to make them think Buffy always had a younger sister])
I was kinda wondering that as well. They did say spoiler[she was a fake, but they also said she was possessed. I don't know for sure, but at the least I'm pretty sure Tsukihi existed as a normal human before. Whether this Tsukihi is an imposter, or the real Tsukihi that has been possessed, only the next ep will tell.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 16