• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Film's Teaser Streamed in 4 Subbed Languages

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadester9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Now this is what an anime adaptation to live-actions should look like.
Panoptican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I was not expecting to be impressed. I was wrong.
Chaos Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
This is good news!This is one of my favorite animes and I have watched it repeatedly.

Look forward to seeing it. I hope they eventually dub it though. The sub-titles looked good and clear but when your eyes are bad it is hard to read the subs and distracts from the action. Guess I'll have to watch twice...once to read the script and once to actually enjoy the action. I hate being blind as a bat!
blarg01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Queen wrote:
The sub-titles looked good and clear but when your eyes are bad it is hard to read the subs and distracts from the action.
Read faster and learn to "ignore" subs. Razz
Chaos Queen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Actually I speed read. lol
I have the story line down pat on this one. Eyesight just started going to the dogs a couple of years ago and makes subs a pain in the butt. Looks like there is going to be some great sword work in this one and with that kind of action, who wants to be bothered with subs? Guess it is the price you have to pay. Some really great stuff coming out of Asia now and the language barrier is the price you have to pay I guess. I'm just a martial arts junkie. Very Happy
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Looks like there is going to be some great sword work in this one and with that kind of action, who wants to be bothered with subs?

With that kind of action who is going to be talking in order for there to be subtitles on the screen during the fights. Unless it's like a sporting event with commentators there isn't a lot of talking/subtitles during fight scenes.
mannyperson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 am Reply with quote
It's such a tease that they're subtitling the teaser! I hope this means it'll at least get a limited theatrical release here in the states!
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I grew tired of the anime TV series, but the action scenes here look like the Live-Movie is a MUST Watch.
Setoseiko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Chaos Queen wrote:
Actually I speed read. lol
I have the story line down pat on this one. Eyesight just started going to the dogs a couple of years ago and makes subs a pain in the butt.

You sound like you're near-sighted, like me (seeing far away is difficult). Definitely try and get some glasses. I tried to do without them for a while, but it became impossible. Investing in a pair was the best decision I ever made.

---

I am actually REALLY excited for this movie now. The footage seen in the trailer looks fantastic. I have high hopes for this one.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
The movie look good and seems to have the potential of being a good adaptation, which a lot of anime live actions fail to be. I hope Warner Bors. gives this a US theater run if it does good in Japan. I sent the link to my sister and she was ecstatic for this one.
Geoffrey88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
I hope they eventually dub it though. The sub-titles looked good and clear but when your eyes are bad it is hard to read the subs and distracts from the action.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I too hope it gets a theatrical US run. If nothing else, I don't think there's doubt it'll eventually hit US DVD. Excited about this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1