• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mainichi: Hunter x Hunter Manga Gets 1st Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
This is...VERY surprising, but the series does have the sort of world where that would work I guess. At least this officially confirms the remake is doing well so there's no longer a need to be paranoid about renewal.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
YAY! I am loving hunter hunter it is a great original and fun series that actually has charcters that I love and want to get to know even more.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
This is happy news Smile
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on Hunter x Hunter (2011) getting their own filler film! Can't wait to hear more about it~^__^

*waits for the name of Maaya Sakamoto's character*
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
yeah YEAH!!! a animated movie, AND its a original story? THATS what I'm talkin bout! Anime hyper this is just as great of news as when Index's film got greenlit, now I have three films to look forward to (This new OP film will supposedly top strong world, I gotta see that)

sorry but I personally HATE when a movie adapts stuff we already saw(my only exception is gintama's movie because I never saw the acctual arc before) I almost always expect the movies of anime to be new content, and I mostly never care if its by the author or not, if it, is great. if not, lets hope they do a good job. most of the time I'm satisfied with these sort of things, but thats just me.

so hunter x hunter is finally getting a film eh? I assume the animation may just be like trigun badlands rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation(which was eyegasmicly awesome *saw in theaters*)

As for story I will simply trusts whoever writes it, and pray that all five of the main characters are involved(gon and killua of course. Kurapika, LEORIO, and thow in some hisoka for the fans). I'm expecting great things, not great like summer wars or Akira (though if the author were in a good enough mood, he probably could get it to that level) but all in all I'm looking for a good film that'll keep me hooked and guessing! Can't wait to see it!

I hope whoever localizes 2011 HxH gets this film too, I'd totally buy it. Hell, I may acctually IMPORT it, and I NEVER import(though its gotta have subs).

ITS MOVIE TIME BE-CHEESS! Anime hyper
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow, cool. I wonder when in the series the film will take place.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Great news.
Guess the new series must be doing pretty well considering it's only in the 20-odd ep count atm.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote
This is surprising considering it's previous runs. But I also have to say that for what it's worth, I didn't think I'd enjoy this series as much as I have been. The characters are great, the story is interesting, and the art is easy on the eyes. I hope that it continues the way it's been going.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd much rather have a continuation where the OVAs left off, but I guess I can't complain about more HxH regardless of what it is.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it takes place after nen is introduced. Though shounen movie law prevents any big changes to the characters, so the fights won't be nearly as tense.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
the story of the film be an entirely original one.

This made my night! Can't wait!
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
Great news! Very Happy

I hope Togashi himself will write the movie story though, or that they will have a good writer writing it, at least (as Bones did for the second Fullmetal Alchemist movie, which I enjoyed much more than the first one).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Geoffrey88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 am Reply with quote
I assume the animation may just be like trigun badlands rumble or just a bit more updated version of the TV series, cause the art and animation is already pretty top notch, to top that would surpise me. Unless of course they go the way bones did with FMA's sacred star of milos movie, where it was less about the still art, but more about the moving animation
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Great news! Very Happy

I hope Togashi himself will write the movie story though, or that they will have a good writer writing it, at least (as Bones did for the second Fullmetal Alchemist movie, which I enjoyed much more than the first one).

Yeah, Iglad I'm not the only one!

and whoah Geo, we think THAT much alike? whoah! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1