• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Swindling by Claiming to Sell Anime DVDs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inu-liger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:28 am Reply with quote
Funny how these things are usually committed by an unemployed person. I don't quite get why the Japanese media puts so much emphasis on that...
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
Its always amusing reading articles of this nature.. unemployed men trying to make a quick buck by doing something moronic and pointless..will they ever learn?Nah.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 am Reply with quote
inu-liger wrote:
Funny how these things are usually committed by an unemployed person. I don't quite get why the Japanese media puts so much emphasis on that...

Typically, people are identified by their occupation in news pieces such as this - since this man's not employed, they used unemployed.

It's not just Japan, crack open your local newspaper, and you'll see it quite often.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
i find it amusing that the police even bother with something like this. Its good i suppose in that anyone who has ever been on the receving end of this via a forum or ebay etc its horrible. But to get the police involved seems weird since im sure if you rung the police in the US/UK im sure they would ignore your claim. Its not like people dont know the risk going in.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Why wouldn't they go after fraud?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1