• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yarota

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:50 pm Reply with quote
larinon wrote:
Actually 2/4 makes sense when talking about ancestry. 1/2 (one out of two) of my parents are full Italian while 2/4 (two out of four) of my grandparents are full Italian. It just looked funny to me to see it like that.

lol im glad it can make sense in a way then Anime smile although the logic in which you have shared was not my intention Haha.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Time to do this into again.

Name: Anthony

Sex: Male

Blood Type: unknown

Location: Mechanicsburg PA, about 10 miles outside of Harrisburg PA

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: ½ Irish, ¼ English, ¼ Italian

Religion: Atheist, used to be Christian.

Pets: Two dogs

Drink/Smoke: do not smoke, I do drink from time to time.

Likes: anime, manga, video games, computers, auto racing, martial arts

Dislikes: Being outdoors

Favorite anime: Shuffle!, The Gundam franchise (have not watched ZZ, X, or Turn A Gundam), Listen to Me Girls, I am your father!, Legend of Galactic Heroes, B Gata H Kei, Ladies Vs. Butlers.

Favorite Manga: Yotusba, Love Hina, B Gata H Kei, Ai Yori Aoshi, Gunslinger Girl, High School of the Dead, Saint Seiya, Lovely Complex, Kodomo no Jikan,

Favorite Book: Private Parts

Favorite game: Forza 4, Gran Tursimo series, Battlefield 3, Dynasty Warrior Gundam 3, Saints Row 3, The Simpsons: The Arcade Game, King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Simpsons, Breaking Bad, King of the Hill

Favorite Drink: Coconut Rum, Cinnamon schnapps, Brandy, Beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Black Tea, ice tea, water, Mexican coke and pepsi products.

Favorite Foods: Too many to list

Favorite Sites: Ann, Janaiblog, Sankaku Complex, CNN, Speed.com, autosport.com, indycar.com, kotaku

Favorite Sport (to watch): auto racing, kickboxing

Favorite Sport (to play): N/A

Favorite Music: No specific favorite taste, but I do not care for country and religious music.

Job: Quality Assurance Professional

Hobbies: Anime blogger on the side. I do write reviews for anime, and I do plan on getting into some podcasting in the future (not on a consistent basis just from time to time).

Random Facts About Me:
Have an incurable skin disease.
I love trashy anime
While I am not active because of my health I studied martial arts for many years (1st Degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and a 3rd grade green belt in Freestyle Karate).

Special Surprise:
Now you can put a name to the face
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:

Have you ever heard of The Rosemary House and Sweet Remembrances at 120 and 118 South Market Street? I'm a just little curious because my mother, who is from Shiremanstown and attended 5th through 12th grade in Mechanicsburg in the way-back-when, is an old friend of the proprietress of the latter and that row of houses is owned by the same family.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Have you ever heard of The Rosemary House and Sweet Remembrances at 120 and 118 South Market Street? I'm a just little curious because my mother, who is from Shiremanstown and attended 5th through 12th grade in Mechanicsburg in the way-back-when, is an old friend of the proprietress of the latter and that row of houses is owned by the same family.

I have not heard of the place before but I do know where it is. It is not too far from where I live.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Last edit: Dec. 11 2015 (Some spelling and updating)

New introduction as well, since my old one was pretty short. Not that I think a longer one will make it more interesting... but... here goes.

Name: Joyce
Sex: Female
Blood Type: Not the type you can drink.
Marital Status: One of the single ladies
Ethnicity: Dutch
Religion: None. I don't have a real opinion whether God exists or not, or whether supernatural things happen.

Pets: Allergic, so none. I like cats Sad. Someday I will buy (gold)fish I think. I'm still lucky though, I can be in the company of a cat in a clean house for a few hours before my eyes, nose and throat start to complain Wink.

Drink/Smoke: Neither.

Likes: Relaxing, having fun with my friends (playing games, shopping, watching movies etc), anime, nice weather, holidays, sleeping, drawing when college gets boring, Nutella, wearing skirts and dresses, roller coasters, high water slides, singing, running, taking showers (you know, the simple joys in life Smile)

Dislikes: Frozen feet in the winter, bitter food, wearing ponytails

Favorite anime: Noragami, Sound! Euphonium, Natsume Yuujinchou, Cross Game, Toradora!, Nodame Cantabile, From the New World, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, Attack on Titan, My teen romantic comedy SNAFU (+TOO), The Devil is a Part-timer, Chihayafuru, Spice and Wolf, Another, etcetera

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I usually watch anime

Favorite Books: When nobody recommends or lends me books, I do not read at all

Favorite game: I mostly play games with my friends (board & card games), but in my childhood I loved to play Mario Brothers 3 on the Nintendo! Good times.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Aside from anime? Downton Abbey, Disney (Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King etc), the King's speech, the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Pride and prejudice (the series with Colin Firth)

Favorite Drink: The only alcoholic drink I have ever liked was a cocktail with an embarassing name and Baileys in it spoiler[(Screaming Orgasm)]

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tea with sugar, milk, chocolate milk

Favorite Foods: Nutella, anything that can be put in an oven that isn't fast food (like lasagna, home made pizza, potatoes, fish), pies, desserts

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Crunchyroll, Facebook

Favorite Sport (to watch): Ice skating, but I rarely watch it.

Favorite Sport (to play): Running, swimming, badminton, cycling. I only do running for a sport now, because I don't have time for more.

Favorite Music: I mostly listen to the radio or sing myself. I like many styles, as long as it isn't German schlager (trust me you don't want to know, don't google it) or the Dutch equivalent that looks like it. That makes my ears bleed.
Other requirements:
- a melody
- the singer shouldn't sound bored or lazy. Sing with spirit please.

Job: Basic doctor/physician in a psychiatric hospital

Study: Done with med school. I'll start with a psychiatry residency next year.

Hobbies: Having fun with friends, singing, drawing, shopping, anime

Fun facts about A Mystery:
- There have only been a few days in my life (minus when I was too young to eat all solid food) that I haven't put Nutella on my bread. If I don't, I usually opt for chocolate sprinkles...
- Relaxed, optimistic, not always confident, creative, not good at arguments/debating, was secretly lurking around this forum before joining it
- Despite my love for food and gaining some weight before, I actually managed to loose the extra pounds and it's stabilized for more than four years now
- Like many lefties, I use my left hand to write, brush my teeth, eating food, but use my right hand for the pc mouse, scissors, throwing stuff. So if someone wants to teach me how to do something I first have to ask myself which side will work best for learning it...

Favorite Quotes:
- 'They say the grass isn't greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it. So, water it'.
- 'A person suffers most from the suffering he fears'

Last edited by A Mystery on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:23 am; edited 6 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Good pic, asimpson2006. You look like an easy-going dude, which is what I would expect based on your posting style.

@A Mystery - oooooo, a Dutch cookie, eh? Here's a line I always find that comes in handy when chatting up the Holland ladies: "Wow, those Germans ... whatta bunch of jerks, amirite?" Wink
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Good pic, asimpson2006. You look like an easy-going dude, which is what I would expect based on your posting style.

I used to not be as easy going as I am now. If I posted on here back when I was say 20 I would have been screaming at everyone. I was like a loose cannon then. I've calmed down over the years.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
@ asimpson2006 - wow, I have a hard time imaging a raging version of you. What would you say made you switch gears? I really admire people who can keep their cool when posting (of which ANN has many, actually).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
If you wish, Blood-chan, I can take you as my apprentice. The Art of Duntgivafuk is a difficult one to learn, but is a true virtue. Of course, you'd have to call me Hart-sensei and bow in my direction ten times a day, but that's a small price to pay, I think.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote
Sure, I'll get right on that, TKoH ...

... AS SOON AS MY BLOOD-ENRAGED FURY PASSES!!!! DIE, DIE, EVERYBODY DIE!!!

My Zen path may not be a straight and level one.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ asimpson2006 - wow, I have a hard time imaging a raging version of you. What would you say made you switch gears? I really admire people who can keep their cool when posting (of which ANN has many, actually).

I should not say I was raging, just that I yelled at a lot at people over really stupid things. I used to yell at my oldest nephew, I used to yell at aunts, I would yell at people at work, etc.

I would say that just getting older helped me calm down. If I was 16 when I started posting here I would have been banned easily. I would say from my teenage years until I was about 23 that I was not as considerate to others.

If there was no risk for banning or getting yelled at by mods I would probably go off on more on other forum users who do get under my skin. I do get upset at times when people get under my skin or post stuff that I do not like but I would rather not get into personal attacks against other users.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
If you wish, Blood-chan, I can take you as my apprentice. The Art of Duntgivafuk is a difficult one to learn, but is a true virtue. Of course, you'd have to call me Hart-sensei and bow in my direction ten times a day, but that's a small price to pay, I think.

So true. For me, it involved being picked on and bullied often by many of my peers all throughout elementary up through 7th, being a big crybaby (which only gave the kids even more ammunition), and moving several times (which provided me the chance to start over and build a new reputation but also removed me from any friends I made). I think with each move I hardened up more. I rarely ever cry for myself anymore. Oh, you can show me a sad, sympathetic video or story and I'll bawl my eyes out, but when it comes to dealing with my own stress the Art of Duntgivafuk is an oftenly used tool.

ohsnp, did I just serious up a humorous conversation? Carry on, my wayword sons.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

@A Mystery - oooooo, a Dutch cookie, eh? Here's a line I always find that comes in handy when chatting up the Holland ladies: "Wow, those Germans ... whatta bunch of jerks, amirite?" Wink

Yup, totally Dutch. And how do the Dutch ladies respond to your line Wink? Because in a hungry mood I'll probably think: 'they have Wiener Schnitzel, what's wrong?' instead of thinking about bad times from last century Wink.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
Generally, Dutch ladies respond to my line with a polite chuckle and then make a big show of looking at their watches while saying, "Wow, is it that late already?" before leaping on their bicycles and tearing off.

Actually, my line is an homage to an encounter I had with a couple of Dutch girls years ago in Cuba. I guess they lived close to the German border and they drew me a map to show me roughly where their town or whatever was. The only thing is that they drew Holland so that it was about 8 times the size of Germany. That kinda gave me an idea of what your average Dutcher thinks of their Teutonic neighbors. Laughing
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
@ Blood- : Holland suffers from some sort of tiny-syndrome, pretending we're bigger than we actually are, wanting to stand out and be on the same level with the 'big guys' Wink. And some people just don't have an internal world map. They don't have a clue.
Actually, I believe our relationship with Germany is quite good. It has indeed been far, far worse and our dictionary still has some words specifically used to refer to German people in a bad way. But yeah, there will always be people who won't like them just for being German.

Just wondering (question to US-members in general), isn't it weird to live in such a big country that you cannot visit other countries without traveling for thousands of miles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 140 of 233