• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/stay night (remake)?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killedheaps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Hi every one I know that fate stay night was made 6 years ago but
I would like to know if there is any possible way to ask them to make another season I really liked the first one it actuly is my fav anime but I disliked the ending because in the end he loses the women he loves I know it's selfish of me to right this but plZZ any one that can help plZZ do Very Happy

[EDIT: Fixed your thread title to be more of a suggestion than a possible reference to some other work not really in existence. -TK]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Killedheaps wrote:
I would like to know if there is any possible way to ask them to make another season I really liked the first one it actuly is my favorite anime but I disliked the ending because in the end he loses the women he loves I know it's selfish of me to right this but plZZ any one that can help plZZ do Very Happy

go watch Fate Zero.

or wait until you have alot of money. Money can do alot of stuffs, they will even change the ending or make a new anime for you if you pay them.
Killedheaps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Yea thanks but fate zero is only about what. Happened befor in the lastt war I like the story with saber and shiro
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Killedheaps wrote:
I would like to know if there is any possible way to ask them to make another season I really liked the first one it actuly is my favorite anime but I disliked the ending because in the end he loses the women he loves I know it's selfish of me to right this but plZZ any one that can help plZZ do Very Happy

Well, you can try the game it was based on, which has multiple endings and 3 different story paths. Otherwise, there's the alternate retelling Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
Killedheaps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote
What's unlimited blade works is it a movie
Volibear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Killedheaps wrote:
Yea thanks but fate zero is only about what. Happened befor in the lastt war I like the story with saber and shiro
it's doubtful they'd make a new series for something like that, it ended conclusively although imo poorly (*) and to make a new series they'd have to make some original material or a new sequel game to that specific path in the original game and since it's been 8 years since F/SN i wouldn't expect a sequel for that storyline and there already is a sequel game (Fate/Hollow Ataraxia) anyway and that doesn't follow Shiro and Saber
As for original material, Type-Moon hasn't to my knowledge ever done an original anime series, all their series are based on some form of work they've done for something, like games or novels so thats not a route they'd take for it

basically, it'd never happen, Type-Moon are already planning/working on their next project anyway due out some time this year and it's based on a work they did back in '96, so i think we can assume their attempting to move on from the Fate series now with the Fate/Zero anime concluding their involvement with it

(*) --- (the romance story wasn't focused in any way until the final 5 or so episodes, which wasn't enough time to develop it properly enough to justify the parted lovers ending style, a normal happy ending was more sensible, but that just my opinion, i heard some people liked it)

Killedheaps wrote:
What's unlimited blade works is it a movie
yh, its a movie for the UBW route of the game, F/SN was the adaptation to the Fate route and the Heaven's Feel route was never adapted
Dhaos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
I want a full series of fate prototype!
And I also want a Mahoyo (I think it's witch of the holy night) English translation asap Smile
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
I agree that the original poster should play the game. It has 40 "bad" or "dead" ends, and 5 "good" or "true" ends. He should find something to his taste. He would just need to import the game from Japan, and apply an English-language translation patch if necessary.

Or else, look into the world of fanfic.
Darthbobcat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
Honestly, the first few episodes at least could use a do-over. There was a lot of extraneous stuff; like, I wished that Taiga would burst into flames and stop wasting my time. It should have been able to explain its setting in two episodes rather than three; one if they wanted to just get a really cursory explanation to expand on in the second episode.
Beized

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote
Darthbobcat wrote:
I wished that Taiga would burst into flames and stop wasting my time.

But then there wouldn't be any Tiger Dojos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diV73xfiASA
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see them remake it leaving out Shirow Emiya altogether...

...but I suppose it wouldn't be Fate / Stay Night any more, would it?

Then again, Rin Tohsaka and Sabre as master and servant does have its possibilities.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Geoffrey88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
He would just need to import the game from Japan, and apply an English-language translation patch if necessary.
Ferian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
UBW Good End should be to your liking. So go play the game.

Also, avoid the UBW movie like plague. That's just my advise. It condenses the whole route (at least 20 hours of reading material) into a 1,5 hour movie, thus only spoiling the whole story with its horrid pacing. Not to mention, they left out the greatest exchange in the whole game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQvQYHfc2Xs). That's nothing short of herecy!
V1046-R

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
I'd like to see them remake it leaving out Shirow Emiya altogether...

...but I suppose it wouldn't be Fate / Stay Night any more, would it?

Then again, Rin Tohsaka and Sabre as master and servant does have its possibilities.

Any show with Sabre & Rin is a win. Two of my favorite anime babes. Smile
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Stay Night doesn't need a remake. The ending is fine and the rest of the show is fine.

That said, I'd love to see them adapt some of the other Fate scenarios. If you're really set on a remake, why not expand Unlimited Blade Works into a proper series? Or better yet, why not adapt the Heaven's Feel scenario? It hasn't been adapted at all yet. I'm not familiar with the VN first hand but it sounds like it would be different enough from the Fate scenario to feel like more than a rehashing. In fact, I'd be genuinely surprised if, given Fate/Zero's success, we didn't see this happen next.

(Oh no, that's right. We're getting an adaptation of Ilya the magical ecchi titty girl instead! Still though, I think this is pretty much guaranteed to happen at some point.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4