• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmartins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
I don't know the name but I need it. This manga is about a girl who was transformed into a little girl. There was three guys who have various strings and different colors. This girl used her strings to turn back into her real body for awhile in battle. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 am Reply with quote
"Bound Beauty" by Mick Takeuchi, Go Comi did three volumes in English before they went out of business.
dmartins

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
"Bound Beauty" by Mick Takeuchi, Go Comi did three volumes in English before they went out of business.

That is the one! Thank you so, so much! I appreciate your time! Smile
DOS_Lemos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote
Genre: Shounen(?) Supernatural (?)
Description: It involved a some kind of training school where one of the instructors was a small boy who wielded a demonic power i think. He also used a huge sword as his main weapon but was shown later on in the manga he was proficient in unarmed combat due to being raised with some kind of demons. He has only two students a girl and a boy. I don't recall much about the boy but i the girl was introduced in the first chapter and seemed pretty desperate to join pass the exam.
Details: It had a battle style theme where I believe there was a tournament sometime in the manga.
Amano Ginji

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't happen to be Dragon Eye by Kairi Fujiyama would it? Del Rey released 9 volumes before they went out of business. It's been on hiatus for a few years because of the author being ill.
dmartins

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Looking for a name of the manga that have a guy with spikey hair and holding a sword with his gloves on. Looks like he have a bandage around his head and wearing a jacket with a shirt on. Does anyone recognize it?
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
That is... too general of a description. Do you remember what color the guy's hair was? What color his clothes were? What type of sword he was holding? Did you see the cover on a physical book, or was it a scanlation? If it was a physical book, do you remember the publisher? Do you remember what color the logo of the series was?

I want to help you, but my best guess right now is to point you towards the majority of shonen...
joelafrite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm looking for a lesser known manga that I stumbled upon years ago.

My memory of it is very blurry, but here's what I remember: the two protagonists were children, a boy and a girl, called "dolls" (I think), which, in the setting, designates children unable to feel certain emotions. I think the girl was unable to feel happiness, and the boy fear (or maybe sadness) (or maybe it was the other way around... as I said, very blurry).

Pretty sure it took place in a perpetual-wintery place. I think the girl was a runaway princess, and the boy ends up becoming her protector. It had a few action moments but it had a more poetic vibe than most shounen.

Help me, ANN, you're my only hope!
lys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote
@joelafrite: Kimi no Kakera, by Shin Takahashi? The wintry setting reminded me, and I'm pretty sure all the other details fit. I'd like to read that again...
joelafrite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
@Lys: That's it! Thanks a bunch! Smile
Wrath82592

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm Reply with quote
its about a boy who was raised in the wild by an old man and had to defeat an evil mage that was tryin to bring back a dark god.......i read it about 4 years ago any guesses would be helpful.....thnx
mengtjai

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys... i wonder if u guys know this manga, it is about a red haired girl that can somehow stand vertically on a wall and wants to become "explorer"? maybe i think it was called that she's pretty strong physically. Cant remember anymore than this, would be wonderful if u guys know what it's called.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Gah, I'm thinking this was a manga. Could've been an anime for all I know, but I'll try here first.

The scene that is sticking out in my head is that there's this somewhat young 20s something guy that's a member of the Yakuza. The Yakuza offs someone then convinces him to take the fall as a few years in the slammer will make him more respectable when he comes out and they promise to promote him afterwards. But he finds out that they have no plans to promote him after he comes out and they're just using him as a fall guy. I think he runs away or tries to run away as a result. He might've been dating the boss' daughter, which would explain why the boss hates him so much.
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
...this sounds really familiar. It's either a common situation or I've read it too. xD That said, the only things that come to mind are Wild Adapter or Gungrave, and I'm not too optimistic about those being the one.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read either of those two so it can't be one of them.

Maybe it is an anime? I don't feel like it's common enough that I've read it more than once, I feel like once I see the name, it'll click.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 20 of 33