• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Chogokin Hoihoi-san

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gerbilx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
"Bandai doesn't do a bad job aping Good Smile here, but they don't turn out a superior product. This line and Nendoroid are basically interchangeable, and they'll be covering entirely different characters given what Bandai has the rights to (TnB, One Piece) and what Good Smile has the rights to (anything Bandai doesn't have). If you're a fan, sure, this is a good one. We got ours from Amiami for about $50 or $60. There will also be a Figuarts of this character, if you are fond of normal human proportions."

A paragraph from the last column got in here somehow.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
A little robot maid that kills bugs with katanas and heavy weapons? Genius. I know I would buy one if they were real. Apple should make such a thing and call it the 'iMaid Nano'.

As for the toy it looks cool, I especially like the weapons rack.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Hoi-Hoi san!! Really fun column. I wouldn't mind getting my hand on that. I have the comic. Tanaka-san art is really awesome. But I have to admit that's a lot of stuff for that model.
chuckl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote
I have one of the model versions of this, and some of the parts, especially the head, look really similar. Except that this seems to have better joints. I always thought those 2 'wings' coming off of her head were the 'antennas' though, and the ahoge was just an ahoge?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1