• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyouka Teen Mystery Anime's TV Ad Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
I am really feeling best anime of 2012 from this. Or at least definitely best of spring.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The story follows a boy named Hōtarō (played by Yūichi Nakamura) who is not assertive about getting involved, but was ordered by his older sister to join the classic literature club (kotenbu). In the club, he gets close to the truth about an incident, involving a female member's uncle, which happened 33 years ago. The "energy-saving" boy is joined by an inquisitive girl in the mystery series.

So, who's ready for this? I know I am. I got a strange feeling that it will have Another-like themes combined with plot twists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 am Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I am really feeling best anime of 2012 from this. Or at least definitely best of spring.

LOL, I posted this the exact same time as you, I think you were quicker by maybe 5 seconds? Anyways, looking forward to this, although not 100% sure it will be the "best anime of 2012" just based on this trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:45 am Reply with quote
Finally, KyoAni is doing a serious show since 2009 with Clannad After Story! I hope they can stick with these down-to-earth kind of shows for a while instead focusing on random moe flicks so much.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:57 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

LOL, I posted this the exact same time as you, I think you were quicker by maybe 5 seconds? Anyways, looking forward to this, although not 100% sure it will be the "best anime of 2012" just based on this trailer.

KyoAni with Haruhi movie director. Animation is top-notch. Interesting sounding story. WIN
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
So Shoji Gatoh and Kyo-ani, WHERE IS FMP 4.............. i love everything you two do, but it's been awhile since 2nd Raid and it's about time we get some more FMP.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Animation looks good and I like the storyline. Looking forward to seeing more.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:38 pm Reply with quote
What everyone's said thus far: Definitely agree. This gives me some serious "hidden gem" vibes, so I'm hoping for the best, but even if it turns out as less-than-masterful, the animation alone makes me want to enjoy it.
shukero

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Starting to feel like this season has the most amount of anime for me! The art on this series looks excellent. Can't wait to see how the story plays out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1