• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Anime/Manga titles.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
UPDATE: Um, things were tougher than I expected. The "Swirling Canal" title can be seen clearly on Enoki Film's cover art. ANN and AnimeNation were the only two websites reporting the license from Media Blasters; while I wouldn't call those reports faulty, it was still hard to believe a TV series in 2002 could be licensed before or at the moment of Japanese broadcast.

I looked into this some more, and based on a question and answer thread with John Sirabella at AnimeOnDVD.com/Mania.com, it looks like Wild 7 Another was part of a deal between Media Blasters and Enoki films. From what John Sirabella wrote, it sounds like the first couple anime from that deal did poorly, so Media Blasters didn't release the rest of the titles. Here is the question I am seeing and what looks to be the reply from John Sirabella. As you say, the title listed on Enoki Films site is Wild 7: Swirling Canal, so I assume it must have been the title in the deal with Media Blasters.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
I looked into this some more, and based on a question and answer thread with John Sirabella at AnimeOnDVD.com/Mania.com, it looks like Wild 7 Another was part of a deal between Media Blasters and Enoki films. From what John Sirabella wrote, it sounds like the first couple anime from that deal did poorly, so Media Blasters didn't release the rest of the titles. Here is the question I am seeing and what looks to be the reply from John Sirabella. As you say, the title listed on Enoki Films site is Wild 7: Swirling Canal, so I assume it must have been the title in the deal with Media Blasters.

Thanks for the input. I believe that I've completed the merger; let me know if there's any error needs fixing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
arch4non

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
The Steins;Gate "movie" is really just an extra episode. it's already noted on the actual page for Steins;Gate.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote
arch4non wrote:
The Steins;Gate "movie" is really just an extra episode. it's already noted on the actual page for Steins;Gate.

According to this news story, a movie is actually planned for the series. If that is correct, then the movie entry should exist and isn't a duplicate. However, someone seems to have erroneously entered a lot of information about the bonus episode onto the movie page.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Fixed per Calathan.

--edit--

I'm leaving the cast in place for now, but they may need to be revisited when the movie is actually released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
It looks like a new entry was just added for Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, but one already existed.

Old Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb entry
New Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb entry
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:01 am Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
It looks like a new entry was just added for Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb, but one already existed.

Old Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb entry
New Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb entry

The contributor who did so noticed as well, and has requested assistance elsewhere, so this should be taken care of shortly.

Edit: Done.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
A new entry was just added for a Tekken OAV. However, I'm pretty sure that is the same thing as Tekken: The Motion Picture. Notice that they have the same release date, same director, etc. Also, this review of Tekken: The Motion Picture clearly says it is an OAV and that the "Motion Picture" part is just a name used by the US licensor. The new Tekken OAV entry should be removed, and maybe the entry for the "movie" should be classified as an OAV (i.e. so that it says "Tekken: The Motion Picture (OAV)") so people don't make the same mistake again.

Also, the duplicate entries have made me realize that some names have been entered incorrectly for one entry or the other (e.g. Kazuhiko Toyama vs. Kazuhiko Sotoyama and Yumiko Masujim vs. Yumiko Masujima). I thought I would point that out too so hopefully the duplicate people can be cleaned up along with the duplicate anime entries.[/url]
DokoMadeMo
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Is there an easier way to transfer the staff I already submitted to the existing "Tekken the Motion Picture"? So apparently it was released as a 2-episode OVA in Japan originally and then combined together to make "Tekken the motion picture" for a US release.
Side note: should I still use episode numbers for key animation and other tasks?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
DokoMadeMo wrote:
Is there an easier way to transfer the staff I already submitted to the existing "Tekken the Motion Picture"?

Done.

DokoMadeMo wrote:
Side note: should I still use episode numbers for key animation and other tasks?

Sure. I'll add a comment explaining why it's called a "motion picture."
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the Tekken OAV entry wasn't removed (or made to redirect to the other entry). I just wanted to make sure it hadn't been forgotten.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I was just noticing that the duplicate Tekken OAV entry is still there. My impression is that it was just forgotten about after Dormcat transfered the information to the previous entry, but if it is being kept around for some reason then please let me know so I know to stop posting about it.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Calathan wrote:
I was just noticing that the duplicate Tekken OAV entry is still there. My impression is that it was just forgotten about after Dormcat transfered the information to the previous entry, but if it is being kept around for some reason then please let me know so I know to stop posting about it.

(Sigh)

Basically I already gave DokoMadeMo a greenlight to clean up what he had submitted more than two months ago. I've cleaned up everything now; #14741 will be redirected to #645 automatically.
millo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Merged.

millo wrote:

No redirect in my browser, but I think everyone knows what this announcement -- supposed to be held this Saturday -- is about by now. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17