• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Queen's Blade: Rebellion's Branwen, Luna Luna Promos Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Glad Oda Non's second character is voiced by Kikuko, she always looked boring in the artbooks and really needed an interesting voice to spice her up. Same thing with Yuu getting cast as Siggy. I'm not sure on LunaLuna's voice, but if the character can go from sultry to childish, it's good that the voice actress can follow suit. I think that's most of the main cast now, aside from the returning characters.

What are the chances of this even picked up for any stream? And if it does, it is vital to see the interim OVAs that haven't been licensed it, but those certainly won't be streamed.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote
Frankly, I don' t think even AT-X in Japan will broadcast Queen's Blade Rebellion uncensored. We may not see the uncensored version until the home video version arrives (probably late this fall in Japan and spring 2013 for the Media Blasters release (if they're still around!)).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:41 am Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
Frankly, I don' t think even AT-X in Japan will broadcast Queen's Blade Rebellion uncensored. We may not see the uncensored version until the home video version arrives (probably late this fall in Japan and spring 2013 for the Media Blasters release (if they're still around!)).

Why not? They broadcast the other two seasons just fine, albeit in 4:3. I really hope they don't do that again.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:58 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

What are the chances of this even picked up for any stream? And if it does, it is vital to see the interim OVAs that haven't been licensed it, but those certainly won't be streamed.

Seems like a long shot to me, but CR has pulled off at least one stream for each of the past couple of seasons that I considered a long shot. (Nisemonogatari being the most recent example).
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quote
CR currently has both QB seasons (neither one was a simulcast, I don't think), so perhaps that suggests getting a simulcast of Rebellion isn't totally out of the question?

Quote:
The half-minute promotional videos introduce the dragon slayer Branwen

I wonder if she's related to Natsu... I certainly don't see any familial resemblance.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:52 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
CR currently has both QB seasons (neither one was a simulcast, I don't think), so perhaps that suggests getting a simulcast of Rebellion isn't totally out of the question?

I think if they did simulcast Rebellion, it would be the censored version (the version shown on other stations). Since CR never replaces whatever shows they initially obtain, it would be best for fans if they simply wait to license it through MediaBlasters, as the first two QB streams are MB's dvd rips. I would not hold out for the OVAs on CR though
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah, except I don't have a huge faith in MB's continued survival. I hope they last long enough to pump out Rebellion but I'm not betting the farm on it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:

I dont think MB will do a Geneon and go six feet under as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Sacto0562 wrote:

I don't think MB will do a Geneon and go six feet under as well.

If they want to corner the ecchi market, picking up Qwaser, Manyuu Hikenchou, and Ladies Versus Butlers would be nice moves. If sex sells, why not go for broke with the top titles?
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, except I don't have a huge faith in MB's continued survival. I hope they last long enough to pump out Rebellion but I'm not betting the farm on it.

Well, if Media Blasters isn't around to pick this up, I have a feeling somebody else will.
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Best anime ever.
I'm looking forward to Branwen. I get to hear Belldandy's sexy sounds.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
:/

Because schlock like this exists in the anime world, shows that actually have artistic merit get shafted.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
:/

Because schlock like this exists in the anime world, shows that actually have artistic merit get shafted.

However, both Queen's Blade TV series have sold quite well on home video in Japan (and I believe has done fairly well on home video here in the USA), so that's why they're producing the third Queen's Blade TV series now.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
That means nothing. All it proves is that Otaku don't care about artistic merit or worth.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
That means nothing. All it proves is that Otaku don't care about artistic merit or worth.
Looks like you're getting your entertainment from the wrong industry. How many threads have you hopped into to declare "rarr, this kind of show is killing anime" and when does it become soapboxing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2