• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Hacking to the Gate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
Another reminder that I need to pick up Bride's Story and probably Gate 7 too. I have to admit, it's been awhile since any of the series here really caught my eye so it's nice to see a few that sound like my sort of thing this week.
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the fact that Gate 7 throws all those names of historic generals is the thing that keeps me from truly enjoying Gate 7 (although this is obviously less of a problem for the original Japanese audience than for your average American manga reader, who is less likely to be familiar with these names and details). I'm going to keep reading it because I do want to know where this is going and because the art is terribly pretty, but I can't say that this is one of my favorite CLAMP titles.

I'm still loving Bride's Story, though. I was already happy with the inclusion of Mr. Smith, because who often do you see a cultural anthropologist in any sort of media? (I have an anthro degree myself, so I'm a little biased in this regard.) But now he's actually getting some plot centered around him, and I look forward to seeing what may happen with him and Talas in the future.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
;u; I wanted to pick up all the manga volumes save Slam Dunk but the 4 local B&N didn't stock any.

Time to go buy them online. *sigh*
Kohii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Completely agree with Twin Spica's review. I have all 12 volumes and I'm re-reading it again.
Kayakuguri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I loved Seven Days. Its definitely one of my favourite shonen-ai titles, if not one of my favourite manga titles in general.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Kayakuguri wrote:
I loved Seven Days. Its definitely one of my favourite shonen-ai titles, if not one of my favourite manga titles in general.

I've only managed to find/read the first installment, so I've been waffling on whether or not I should leap-of-faith it and purchase both volumes. After reading this review, both being reminded of what I loved and how much more there is to enjoy, I think you guys have helped me a great deal.

I agree on some points, but in general I was really hooked by The Earl & Fairy, so while I may not be chomping at the proverbial bit to read volume 2, I'm still quite eager, so I'd call that a successful run so far.

Hoping Gate 7 turns out to be more coherent than CLAMP's recent love children, and some extra character-driven focus couldn't hurt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1