• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Folktales from Japan TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kufirst

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
This literally might be my personal nominee for best pickup up of the season. I've always wanted more of these types of anime to picked up by US distributors.
agila61

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
kufirst wrote:
This literally might be my personal nominee for best pickup up of the season. I've always wanted more of these types of anime to picked up by US distributors.

And even if ad-streaming is limited to their most common license countries, its the first "worldwide outside Japan for subscribers" announcement by Crunchyroll in a while, at least for a regular anime.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this one. I'm excited to see Crunchyroll streaming the stuff that is a bit outside the usual mainstream stuff (cute girl redux/shonen redux).
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Its nice and patriotic, weirdly it would be seen as racist here to celebrate your unique culture like that because it would exclude immigrants lol.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 am Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
Its nice and patriotic, weirdly it would be seen as racist here to celebrate your unique culture like that because it would exclude immigrants lol.

Not in the part of England I come from. And I don't see why immigrants would be excluded, just as I won't feel excluded when I watch 'Folktales'. If that really was the case (that you'd be seen as racist) we wouldn't have shows about Robin Hood on the telly or ever talk about King Arthur.

And David Cameron wouldn't be saying that he wants to promote Britain's culture at the Olympics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1