• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NIS America Licenses anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Guess Anohana wasn't a huge priority for Funimation or it didn't get enough support on their survey.

Guess we should all expect announcements for Maken-Ki! and Omamori Himari soon. Laughing
StormSky92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Not the company I was expecting to license it.
Was hoping for it to get dubbed...but they probably couldn't of matched the voices so well.
$70....hope they mark it done for some pre-order price when they actually have it up in their store.

I'll still probably get this anyway. I loved this series.
Sima Yi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I wish NISA would stop localizing anime. All I've seen from them is budgeted releases with no dubs. They should stick to what they're good at. Penny pinching the localizations of video games with the bare minimum dubbing needed to get past SCEA's publishing rules.
Fifth B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Holla-holla. I'm not sure why, but I thought that NIS would be the one to license this show. I've been wanting to check it out for some time, and I'm o glad that I can own it. July can't come soon enough!

Last edited by Fifth B on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! AnoHana was my favourite anime of 2011. Can't wait to get that nice premium set to display. I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I'm able.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Freaking perfect. That's ANOTHER series I was excited about that I'll never get to watch.

NISA, please just die. Seriously.
Splitter

NISA's on a roll.
Kougeru

StormSky92 wrote:
Not the company I was expecting to license it.
Was hoping for it to get dubbed...but they probably couldn't of matched the voices so well.
$70....hope they mark it done for some pre-order price when they actually have it up in their store.

I'll still probably get this anyway. I loved this series.

Best series of 2011 IMO. I expected someone bigger to get it..but I guess they're blind to quality. Amazon and rightstuf usually sell anime at a good 15-20% cheaper than MSRP right from the get go. Honestly, I think anything over 40 dollars is insane for 12-13 episodes....

Sima Yi wrote:
I wish NISA would stop localizing anime. All I've seen from them is budgeted releases with no dubs. They should stick to what they're good at. Penny pinching the localizations of video games with the bare minimum dubbing needed to get past SCEA's publishing rules.

I don't see the problem. No dubs=quicker release...not to mention that nearly every dub now days is unbearable. Especially if you've heard the Japanese audio. A lot of current VAs dont seem to have the ability to portray the characters properly. My biggest concern is that at least two of NIS's anime releases ended up big major issues that had to be sent back for (Toradora being one of them).
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty good price and I love art books! Will be pre-ordering this one!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
@FrameFreeze100: Speaking of Funimation's survey.... I'm hoping that Mawaru Penguindrum generated interest on their end. As hit and miss their line localization/translation accuracy may be these days, as I've understood based on what others have said (haven't kept track of many new dubs these days, actually), I've always had some great fondness for their voice talent.

Oh yeah, Ano Hana! I've heard it to be a very moving story, alongside that it was excessively melodramatic and it turned out not-so-good by the end of the series. Without story specifics.... is this worth a watch, or maybe even a blind-buy for the summer? (Is this legally streaming anywhere, by the way?)

Last edited by Animerican14 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
neocloud9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh, perfect! I'll definitely be buying this! Very Happy
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Aw, was hoping FUNimation would get it and dub it. Oh well...
StormSky92

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
^ Speaking of Funimation's survey.... I'm hoping that Mawaru Penguindrum generated interest on their end. As hit and miss their line localization/translation accuracy may be these days, as I've understood based on what others have said (haven't kept track of many new dubs these days, actually), I've always had some great fondness for their voice talent, ever since Fruits Basket.

Oh yeah, Ano Hana! I've heard it to be a very moving story, alongside that it was excessively melodramatic and it turned out not-so-good by the end of the series. Without story specifics.... is this worth a watch, or maybe even a blind-buy for the summer? (Is this legally streaming anywhere, by the way?)

In order:
1. Worth watching: Definitely
2. "Blind-buy": Not at the price it's being listed for.
3. Not that i'm aware of
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Sima Yi wrote:

oh boy here comes a buzz kill dubs are not necessity nor are they needed stop being selfish and I will stop being a dick

On a different note fudge YEAH i am so happy right now i can actually cry... i really can.. thank you nisa for bringing over this masterpiece for us.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Freaking perfect. That's ANOTHER series I was excited about that I'll never get to watch.

NISA, please just die. Seriously.

Well that's a mean-spirited and narrow-sighted view to take. I'm happy that it was picked up at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 12