• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Naruto Games

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTtheBrick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Well, atleast the Gamecube is getting something.
VOX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Is this the Japanese GC fighting game, or is it a new onemade for us? I would guess it to be the Japanese one but I don't know what Gekitasen (or whatever it's called) translates to.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
VOX wrote:
Is this the Japanese GC fighting game, or is it a new onemade for us? I would guess it to be the Japanese one but I don't know what Gekitasen (or whatever it's called) translates to.

The GameCube games are Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1 & 2. The first GBA game is Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu 1. The second one could be any of Saikyou Ninja Daiskesshuu 2, RPG: Uketsugareshi Hi no Ishi, or Konoha Senki. Given the point at which the anime will be in North and South America in the second half of 2006, I'd guess the second GBA game is Konoha Senki, but we really don't know. I'd also like it to be Konoha Senki, since it's a suppossedly pretty good strategy game.

Anyway, this whole Nintendo-based-Naruto-games-coming-to-North-and-South-America thing was announced last Wednesday, October 12, 2005. Go to this thread and read the third post on this page:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18086&start=45

In any case, this is still good news, but I didn't know Tomy was bringing these Nintendo-based Naruto games to North and South America together with D3 Publisher of America, though Amazon (Target) has listed a GameCube and two Game Boy Advance Naruto games since October 7, 2005 (the same day the PS2 Naruto game was announced for America) from D3. However, I was under the impression that Tomy was releasing these games in North and South America by themselves and this would mark their entry in the American market for the first time in full scale as a publisher...
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote
D3, the maker of the Simple series and prodeced Disney and Warner games for Japan. I haven't really seen much, if any, of their work in US, but atleast they are starting with splash.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so this announcement is for a new American Naruto game, but it seems that Tomy is going to be releasing the kick ass Japanese Gamecube games later? Is that what I'm hearing?

Now I rather don't care for Naruto, but the fighting game got me liking the series. That game and Rock *(&$#ing Lee.

-Xenos
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Ok, so this announcement is for a new American Naruto game, but it seems that Tomy is going to be releasing the kick ass Japanese Gamecube games later? Is that what I'm hearing?

Now I rather don't care for Naruto, but the fighting game got me liking the series. That game and Rock *(&$#ing Lee.

-Xenos

No. Both GameCube games are the Japanese ones: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1 & 2. Both Game Boy Advance games are the Japanese ones: Saikyou Ninja Daikesshuu 1 and one of the other three for GBA.

I've heard many good things about the GameCube games, so I'm really excited. ^^
Demaar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. Been wanting to play these games for a while, but not willing to pay the price for Japanese imported games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VOX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
This might actually make me buy a Gamecube since it's only 99$ right now in a bundle pack. Hopefully it'll drop a little even more by the time these games come out.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm definetely pre-ordering this one!

I just hope they keep it as it is & not edit anything down to get that new E-10+ rating.
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
I'm definetely pre-ordering this one!

I just hope they keep it as it is & not edit anything down to get that new E-10+ rating.

There's nothing to edit, as the series features no suggestive material or blood, just super fast ninja fighting. If One Piece: Grand Battle ends up rated T, I'd say getting Naruto "down" to E10+ is the least of anyone's worries.
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

Confused You know that editting a game is not as easy as editing TV show, right? The only thing that might change is attack name for the English verison. That. Is. It. Relax, your game is safe from evil old 4Kids. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
VOX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
The games are already "edited" a tiny bit as they tend to put the bikini on Sexy no Jutsu. But yeah, that's all that I can remember. No biggie.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote
Just out of curiousity, has anyone played any of the PS2 Naruto games? I really like the GameCube ones and I never understood why they made two different fighters for each system. I guess to deliver a different experience. But it seems like the GC ones are superior (and I think it's a little late to hope for a cross-platform release). So does anyone know what the PS2 ones are like?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:13 am Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
I really like the Game Cube ones and I never understood why they made two different fighters for each system.

The PS2 games came from Bandai while the GCN games came from Tomy. Different consoles + different licenses = different games.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VOX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
I have both of the PS2 games and I like them both. I keep hearing people say that they suck but honestly they're good games especially if you consider how bad Anime games tend to be. The main difference is that the PS2 Narutos play more like Smash Brothers while the Gamecube Narutos play more like Bloody Roar so the GC ones are more of a traditional fighter. I think that most people feel the PS2 ones aren't as good because the move sets aren't as deep as the GC ones, but I like them and you still need to strategize and learn counters and other moves like that. Even if it had nothing to do with Naruto, they'd still be pretty solid games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2