• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
man those are REALLY good designs for the characters and it also looks like PA works is doing it and not kyo ani. on a sidenote it looks like their keeping the same op from the visual novel which is great since the op was really good also im guessing its going to air in the summer and if so best anime of the summer season confirmed. Razz oh and it also looks like aniplex isnt involved with it since usually their logo would be at the very top of the video on the right.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
Yay, they're keeping the game opening! It would've been pretty unwise to make a new one though, since I'm pretty sure this song is very popular overseas.

Also, looks like we're going to get some of the EX content too, since I'm pretty sure that person with the long blonde hair and white ribbons was Saya.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the timing is too perfect for this not to be an April Fool's joke.

Eat a dick, Maeda Jun.

Unless by having it on April Fool's is a red herring to make you think it's a joke but it turns out not to be.

Eat more dicks, Key.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Eat a dick, Maeda Jun.

not trying to be mean or anything but...why the hell and how the hell would this be a april fools joke? they made a whole new site and posted this video on their offical chanel on youtube and i really doubt they would go that far JUST for a april fools joke. also to anyone who can read japanese what did the text say that was popping up on the screen? and yeah key also does this they usually announce one thing on april fools and then make one joke and this is probably their announcment for april 1st.

Last edited by opn on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Wow! The character designs and some of the hair animation look a lot like Kyoto Animation, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PA Works project... Either way, I know that this is gonna be as fun as a barrel of monkeys!
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 am Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
Wow! The character designs and some of the hair animation look a lot like Kyoto Animation, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PA Works project... Either way, I know that this is gonna be as fun as a barrel of monkeys!

actually the way the hair is colored makes me think of PA works more then kyo ani maybe its a collaboration?
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
I still can't believe this is finally happening! I'm so excited!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

opn wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Eat a dick, Maeda Jun.

not trying to be mean or anything but...why the hell and how the hell would this be a april fools joke? they made a whole new site and posted this video on their offical chanel on youtube and i really doubt they would go that far JUST for a april fools joke. also to anyone who can read japanese what did the text say that was popping up on the screen? and yeah key also does this they usually announce one thing on april fools and then make one joke and this is probably their announcment for april 1st.

Because it's an elaborate joke, and Maeda Jun is good at toying with people's emotions, especially longing. And if it isn't a joke, that promo is hideous; the animation is wonky, the designs are off, and it's just static with pans.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
suna_suna

opn wrote:
also to anyone who can read japanese what did the text say that was popping up on the screen?

"We need your power"
"Who are you?"
"Us?"
"We are..."
and the last one says to wait for more information I think
junyan1001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Eat a dick, Maeda Jun.

also to anyone who can read japanese what did the text say that was popping up on the screen?

The japanese text says:

0:04 きみの力がひつようなんだ。 = Your strength is essential to us.
0:14 きみたちは? = Who are you guys?
0:20 おれたちか? = Are you referring to us?
0:27 おれたちは。。。 = We are...
1:07 リトルバスターズ!アニメ化決定 = It has been decided that Little Busters will be made into an anime.
1:15 続報を待て! = Wait for the upcoming news!
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:56 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
opn wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Eat a dick, Maeda Jun.

Because it's an elaborate joke, and Maeda Jun is good at toying with people's emotions, especially longing. And if it isn't a joke, that promo is hideous; the animation is wonky, the designs are off, and it's just static with pans.

i thought it looked fine the designs look almost exactly what they looked like from the visual novel which is good and again key always does this one announcment and one troll announcment but they didn't announce anything troll ish last year.
@jun and suna thank you i was curious on what it said especcily the last one. Very Happy and judging from those it defenitly sounds like this isnt the troll announcment.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
*fangirl scream* I'm so excited!!!! It looks so good! Cannot WAIT for this to start airing. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
oranjeoranje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Key has a history of making elaborate April Fools jokes that later turn out to be real. Like announcing three superstar writers for Rewrite that noone in their right mind could believe in, but it turned out to be true anyway.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
Designs look fine to me... the only thing that worries me about the designs is that its confirmed to not be Kyo Ani.

The only design that may be "off" is Komari, but its for the better because she was drawn the worst in the VN. Her eyes were way too big.
Chibi Musashi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Actually, Key has a tradition of making big announcements on April 1st, they dont make april's fools jokes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5