• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No recent disc rankings

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed that there haven't been any articles lately for the weekly BD disc sales in Japan and I was wondering why? The last one was for February 27 - March 4 and before that it was on the regular, weekly cycle. It just stopped, which is disappointing since I loved looking over it.

And before submitting this, I looked up the last DVD sales rankings, and those stopped showing up much longer ago. The last DVD rankings were for November 28 - December 4.

Why have you guys stopped showing this information? These are the only hard numbers anime fans are privy to, so it'd be beyond disappointing if you guys decided to just stop showing them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
While it is baffling why ANN would stop posting the sales figures, it's not like this website is the only English-language place on the net which posts the info.

Just do what I do and use Mania.com. They post weekly Anime BD and DVD sales figures, plus have some informed commentary on why some titles were successful and others were not.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=109291
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 am Reply with quote
We're going to catch up on those really soon.

The past month was extra busy and something had to be put aside so that other news could be covered.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:24 am Reply with quote
So are ya'll close to getting back to doing this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SecretJustin1130

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
What about american sales of Anime DVDs don't they count? Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1