• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Polar Bear's Café TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Yaaaaaaaay!! Very Happy Was looking forward to this one
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I've been hoping to check this one out.

So nice to see Crunchy get stuff that is outside the mainstream.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear! I know a couple people who are not regular viewers of streaming anime, but were interested in this, so off I go to let them know. (Incidentally, they're both guys. So much for carefully planned audience demographics. Smile )

Now, please just let one of those last five slots be Eureka Seven Ao...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Crunchy is really slacking this season. This is what, 3 or 4 of those 3 minute anime now?
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
Good to hear! I know a couple people who are not regular viewers of streaming anime, but were interested in this, so off I go to let them know. (Incidentally, they're both guys. So much for carefully planned audience demographics. Smile )

Now, please just let one of those last five slots be Eureka Seven Ao...

Or Eureka Seven Ao be a series under the final stages of negotiation ~ its been over a year since Crunchyroll was burned putting up slots for things they thought of as close to being signed, so it seems like nowadays they do not put up a slot unless its already been signed, sealed and delivered.

Over the past year that has meant that "bonus boxes" always show up in the first week or two of a new anime season.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome!
Very Happy
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Yay~

I was interested in this one. Looks cute.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

More like in the mainstream, as in for non-otaku Japanese folks. Razz

Looking forward to watching this.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Crunchy is really slacking this season. This is what, 3 or 4 of those 3 minute anime now?

Yeah, it's turning into a lack luster season. I'm watching 6 returning titles, but of the 11 announced new titles I'm only interested in one or two. That's only half of the 14 titles I streamed from this last season. With at least only five more shows left it looks like it might be a light season for me.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Because every short form anime they get means one less full length anime, right?

I don't see how getting every anime they can, regardless of whether may or may not be popular (or at least suit a specific person's taste) is "slacking".

Perhaps you should try perusing the comments for these short form anime sometime, and you would find the vast majority of people that actually watch them find them very enjoyable.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Yeah, it's turning into a lack luster season. I'm watching 6 returning titles, but of the 11 announced new titles I'm only interested in one or two. That's only half of the 14 titles I streamed from this last season. With at least only five more shows left it looks like it might be a light season for me.

Emerje

There are 54 titles premiering this season, including new "kids" shows and sequels/follow-ups (e.g. Phi Brain 2, Fate/Zero, Kimi to Boku 2, Cardfight!! Vanguard 2, Saki, Recorder to Randoseru Re, etc...).

CrunchyRoll is likely picking up these short titles because they're cheap but I agree, it's also a lackluster season. I'm finding very few titles in the largest season we've had since fall 2008 that really will hold my interest, especially with Saki, Lupin III, Medaka Box, Fate/Zero 2, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, and maybe Accel World and Hyouka literally stealing the spotlight and seemingly worlds above others from simple previews. Then you have titles like Korezom 2 Eureka Seven Ao, Jormungand, Zetman, and Sakamichi no Apollon (hoping something like Beck here), where anything can happen at the moment.

NoitaminA titles will likely be determined/announced early next week (Sakamichi no Apollon and Tsuritama) and maybe AKB0048 and Hyouka towards the end of the month as they approach. The real gears will kick off as we approach this weekend with Medaka Box, Lupin III, and Korezom 2 (tomorrow), Natsuiro Kiseki (Thursday), Accel World (Friday), Fate/Zero 2 (Saturday), Saki Achiga-hen, Tasogare (Sunday), etc...

I'd say wait until this time next week before making comments about CrunchyRoll since it is a light week as it's mostly kids and cheap budget shows like Naruto SD, Gon, and Yurumates 3D. Obviously, there are a few titles to watch for like Zetman, Uchuu Kyoudai, and Saint Seiya Omega this week, but for the most part it's not the peak of the season.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

More like in the mainstream, as in for non-otaku Japanese folks. Razz

Looking forward to watching this.

Anime smile + sweatdrop Yeah. What you said.

I've become so used to seeing bland otaku tropes and visual novel adaptations with the exact same character designs that I now refer to them as "mainstream". As in ubiquitous. Like hamburger restaurants. Razz
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Kung Fu Panda meets Madagascar? Very Happy
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
CR is not getting it done this season.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
CR is not getting it done this season.

What are you talking about? They have only just started with the announcements.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2