• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger & Bunny Superhero Anime's 1st Film Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Wait, the English dub is only at the stage where auditions were finishing? I would have thought a few episodes would have been recorded already...or at least, the dub work had progressed further than auditions.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
What the hell are they playing at?!
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Just noticed that the article mentions the show's producer made the comments about auditioning. I'm not too knowledgeable on how the dubbing process goes, but going only on what I've heard from FUNimation's audio commentaries, don't the dubbers decide on the castings? So maybe the delay could be due to the Japan side being more involved than usual.

The official Facebook has posted up pictures of episode 3's English script though.
TheHawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I spoke with Wendee Lee at Momocon a few weeks ago. She said that they had been actively auditioning for a few months, but still had not released a voice cast for it yet. She was hoping to find out by May though
corinthian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
What the hell are they playing at?!

Tiger & Bunny is a 2011 superhero anime following the exploits of veteran hero Wild Tiger and rookie hero Barnaby Brooks Jr. This article in particular details a trailer for the upcoming Tiger & Bunny movie. If you were referring to the movie, it is presumably the hell going to be playing at movie theaters in Japan.

Ryu Shoji wrote:
The official Facebook has posted up pictures of episode 3's English script though.

True, but I believe that script writing and voice recording are often separate tasks. It makes sense, since scripts should be finished well before casting, so that actors have words to say. I do know (also from Funimation commentaries) that recording often starts well before an official cast announcement is made. So even if they finish auditions, that doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be getting a casting announcement shortly. If we do, that either means they're further along than indicated, or that they simply do things differently from Funimation.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
1) So the first film is a retelling of... the whole series? The first arc (epi 1-13)? Either way, I'd rather have a second season.... but will probably watch this in the theater if it comes to my town anyway. Anime hyper

2) All right, so auditions for the dub are ending, then they dub it, then we get the DVDs soon, right? Please!? I want this series!
LilyGinnyBlack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 pm Reply with quote
For information on what the movie is going to be about (all of this came from This is Sternbild) :

Quote:
Some magazine spoilers are popping up on 2ch, here’s what we got so far via /a/:

The first movie is a partially a retelling of the TV series integrating Kotetsu’s past; the movie is centered on Kotetsu’s past and the unknown side of Barnaby, and provides a deeper look into the two of them. Directed by Yoshitomo Yonetani.

The second movie is an all-new story, which will also contain some new characters, though the old supporting cast will be explored too.
The two movies are standalone.

The ticket sales start on March 24 and there will be a live programme on Ustream the same day.

Satou will not direct either of the movies due to schedule conflicts, but he is participating in the planning.

The first movie incorporates a different POV than the TV series and has a lot of “behind the scenes” happenings.

Two thirds of the movie is new material.

Heroes will have their moments.

Matsui: We will see a different side of closed and revenge-focused Barnaby. It wasn’t seen that much within the TV series, but it has been present the whole time. I think he will be shown as an even more fascinating individual.

Nishida on the movies:

Q: What should we expect from Kotetsu and Barnaby? What about the two of them would you like to show?

N: The two movies are set at different points chronologically, so writing about the different distance between them is very enjoyable. They are bound by a very close and firm bond, but I would like to write about how their different ages and circumstances will be causing trouble.

Update: More stuff from Animage.

The first movie’s script is completely done, but Nishida is still writing the second’s.

Nishida not only writes the story/script, but also checks the storyboards.

Tamura about the first movie: The events connect to one incident seen in the TV series as well. And as the events and memories unfold and are added, the character exploration takes place. We hope that even people who have never seen T&B before will be able to say “Oh, so this is what the story was about.”

Also from This is Sternbild, is this interesting piece of information:

Quote:
Ozaki mentioned they are planning an international release for the movie, not just for the Asian market but also to the West. This probably means the countries where it was simulcast, so keep your fingers crossed…
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote
Did anyone get the video to play??

EDIT: NEVER MIND!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:50 am Reply with quote
I am pretty excited about this. If it is true that the first movie has a lot of new footage and is not a straight retelling, then that is a big positive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1