• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hulu Posts 1st Episode of Accel World TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zendervai

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, so I guess this Canadian won't be watching this show.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
just the first episode? some kind of "preview" containing eps 1 AND 2 came out a few days ago from somewhere. it was very good. unique series so far and i dont mean because the main character is fat
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Odd. I've never seen a anime posted on Hulu that wasn't dubbed. But I never use Hulu, so maybe there are subbed shows on there.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Already seen the pre-aired episodes and it looks bloody amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Odd. I've never seen a anime posted on Hulu that wasn't dubbed. But I never use Hulu, so maybe there are subbed shows on there.

there are actually quite a few subbed shows on there. like toriko for example.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

TAN and Funimation put up their simulcasts on hulu too and those are always subbed.

I'm surprised that VIZ got the simulcast for this one. When was the last time VIZ picked up a Dengeki property?
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
guess this was what viz was going to announce at their anime boston (or sakura con cant remember which they were going too) panel.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
What the what? This is pretty odd. Usually Viz only gets one simulcast a season and this doesn;t seem like their kinda show...guess they must be in pretty good favor with Sunrise right now.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
What the what? This is pretty odd. Usually Viz only gets one simulcast a season and this doesn;t seem like their kinda show...guess they must be in pretty good favor with Sunrise right now.

whats more interesting is this is a aniplex title and the light novels (and manga im assuming) are published by degeki bunko in japan though this is good since this means their trying to further their reach in the simulcast biz so they dont get left in the dust by funico and CR.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:

whats more interesting is this is a aniplex title and the light novels (and manga im assuming) are published by degeki bunko in japan though this is good since this means their trying to further their reach in the simulcast biz so they don't get left in the dust by funico and CR.

No this is not good! They only makes their streams available in the United States. Everyone else outside the states (and as hard as it is to believe there are many anime fans who are *gasp* people outside of the the U.S.) is out of luck.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
opn wrote:

whats more interesting is this is a aniplex title and the light novels (and manga im assuming) are published by degeki bunko in japan though this is good since this means their trying to further their reach in the simulcast biz so they don't get left in the dust by funico and CR.

No this is not good! They only makes their streams available in the United States. Everyone else outside the states (and as hard as it is to believe there are many anime fans who are *gasp* people outside of the the U.S.) is out of luck.

i admit the least viz could do is post the episodes on youtube so people outside of the USA could see them.
skyreno4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
ahh man, well that sucks viz media licensed it, we wont see this series in dvd o blueray next year or two , i was kinda hoping for Sentai to liensed it so they can bring it here quicker
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:21 pm Reply with quote
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

While I'm glad it finally is being simulcasted, I'm pissed at how we'll probably never get a physical release here. VIZ Media, you love pissing off collectors (Along with Canadians as they can't watch your streams) who badly want a physical release for the shows they like don't you?
skyreno4 wrote:
ahh man, well that sucks viz media licensed it, we wont see this series in dvd o blueray next year or two , i was kinda hoping for Sentai to liensed it so they can bring it here quicker
Or never. VIZ Media gets quite a bit of stuff streaming, but how many of those are shows they'll actually release?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
so wait, does this mean Viz has just got rights to streaming, and the rights for a home release are still up for grabs or do they have both? i was kinda hoping someone like Funi would get the home release for this one
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
so wait, does this mean Viz has just got rights to streaming, and the rights for a home release are still up for grabs or do they have both? i was kinda hoping someone like Funi would get the home release for this one

While it's not entirely impossible that somebody else will release it, only FUNimation has streamed titles that they ultimately passed over for a home video release and were subsequently picked up by other companies.

I have interest in this title, but Viz only puts their stuff on Hulu, which = no Canadian access. I don't expect them to nab streaming rights for other parts of the world, but for pete's sake, your rights cover Canada too. They honestly were the last company I wanted to acquire the streaming rights for this title - not like we expected them to get it in the first place.

They've actually addressed this issue recently on Twitter IIRC. Only time will tell if they wind up putting their material up on Youtube or some other service in the future.

Other than that, yay for another Spring title streaming on the internet?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2