• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Simulcast New Lupin III TV Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Well that's good to hear, though i am not into streaming but i hope that they also have the option for DVD/BD releases in the future.
Tratious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I've been itching for some new Lupin, I really wish someone would license the Detective Conan Vs. Lupin movie.
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally about time! Something "FUN" out of Funimation's Funico.
I was surprised that they didn't care about Kid's on the Slope and some of the other shows that went to Crunchyroll,
I guess they're not focusing as much on simulcasts as much anymore
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 pm Reply with quote
This'll probably be one of those shows a few weeks behind like Funico like to do. But its better than nothing.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Glad they picked this up heres hoping the stream does well enough for a physical release. Lupin III needs some more love in the states.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! Excellent! Very excellent!

I this and Kids on the Slope were the two that I really wanted to see this season. I was beginning to think that I might be left to resort to other 'means' to see it. NicoNico isn't the ideal place for this, but it'll do. I just hope that, "this spring," means 'pretty damned soon'.

I wonder if there will be any censoring of the not inconsiderable nudity in the series. I'd rather there not be. Usually I don't much mind that sort of thing, but when the opening alone includes what can only be called, "nipple plucking," it becomes doubtful that it can be edited inobtrusively.

If somebody get Jormungand, that will make everything that I was curious about streaming this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

I this and Kids on the Slope were the two that I really wanted to see this season. I was beginning to think that I might be left to resort to other 'means' to see it. NicoNico isn't the ideal place for this, but it'll do. I just hope that, "this spring," means 'pretty damned soon'.

I wonder if there will be any censoring of the not inconsiderable nudity in the series. I'd rather there not be. Usually I don't much mind that sort of thing, but when the opening alone includes what can only be called, "nipple plucking," it becomes doubtful that it can be edited inobtrusively.

Funico censored High School DxDs airing, even though it aired uncensored on TV... so I'd assume the same will be done here.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes~ Now I can watch the new Lupin the III with Subtitles!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Funico censored High School DxDs airing, even though it aired uncensored on TV... so I'd assume the same will be done here.

Really? That's some BS.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious whether the series' simulcast be censored. I haven't seen the series yet, but from what I've heard the first episode at least has got enough nudity where censoring it would be a hassle, and potentially a big annoyance to the viewers depending on how it's done.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:
Finally about time! Something "FUN" out of Funimation's Funico.
I was surprised that they didn't care about Kid's on the Slope and some of the other shows that went to Crunchyroll,
I guess they're not focusing as much on simulcasts as much anymore

Its not surprising that Funimation landed Lupin III, since they have held licenses on earlier Lupin III specials. If they have Lupin III on ad streaming on their paid Android app, they may have just sold me an overpriced anime streaming app.

Sentai got Kids on the Slope ~ meaning that Crunchyroll probably sublicensed it from Sentai ~ and Sentai might have landed it because they could promise a DVD release of some form rather than dangle the possibility of one depending on how the streaming turned out.

(That confirmed what seemed likely based on the streaming region that Crunchyroll announced ~ North America, UK&Eire, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa is the same as several of the series Crunchyroll sublicensed from Sentai last season.)
Cecilthedarkknight_234

RyanSaotome wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

Actually there where to broadcast for the show much like atx and TV.Tokyo, funi took the censored broadcast so they could promote sales for the dvds

On that note... YEAH BABY YEAH... i just hope they dig up the old dub cast from the last decade when or if they choose to do a release here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Myaow

Lemme kiss you, Funico.
agila61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Actually there where two broadcast for the show much like atx and TV.Tokyo, ...

AT-X is a subscriber channel on a satellite network, not a free to air broadcast. If someone is claiming that an uncensored version was broadcast based on some RAW ripped from AT-X, they're spreading BS.

Oh, wait ...
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Really? That's some BS.

Yes, it does indeed appear to be some BS.

Last edited by agila61 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's a surprise. Shocked I mean, FUNi let the license run out on the old Lupin stuff they had due to it not selling well, so I have to say, I'm sort of surprised they'd be interested in this new show at all.

...Guess fan service really does speak for itself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4