• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Poll Forum Comments

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think a large part of it is that people don't know this forum exists. There was no general announcement of it, and I'm pretty sure I skipped over it at least a couple times before noticing its existence. For those who don't check out the community forum, or perhaps the retail one, they don't scroll down much farther than the anime forum, and so just don't see it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
At the risk of overlap it might help to create polls that connect to other discussion threads in other sections and mention/link to the poll here.

Present the new chart of shows in a season in the general thread- create a poll asking what is most anticipated.

Create a thread in the manga about when Shonen-book-X jumped the shark- create a poll

something like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
arielifeoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
At the risk of overlap it might help to create polls that connect to other discussion threads in other sections and mention/link to the poll here.

Present the new chart of shows in a season in the general thread- create a poll asking what is most anticipated.

Create a thread in the manga about when Shonen-book-X jumped the shark- create a poll

something like that.

I like that kind of idea. It would be nice if there was some kind of button that said "since you've seen this anime, would you like to create a poll related to it?" or something. Or maybe if the poll creator tags a related anime, if someone has seen the anime, they get an invite to respond to the poll? or maybe a list of related polls when someone looks up an anime? Just some ideas as I just found out about this forum but it sounds really fun.
larinon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Is it possible to create a poll where you aren't restricted to just one selection? I was wanting to make a "What new shows do you think you will be keeping up with this season?" poll and did not feel like that was a possibility.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Any way to combat the apparent spambots from voting the first option?

for instance:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194283

and
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194241
unless there really is a giant Happy Kappy fandom out there no one knows about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkRoseFairy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Any way to combat the apparent spambots from voting the first option?

for instance:
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194283

and
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=194241
unless there really is a giant Happy Kappy fandom out there no one knows about.

This is getting so annoying with how much spams there is, but I can't see a way to fix this.
Kaomuyi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Really sorry to keep bothering you!
It's a little bit urgent...
Where in the forum can I post a link to an anime fandom online survey for my course research project?
https://uscannenberg.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bCNrbjiLBi5yf88

The survey does not serve for any commercial purpose. I'm just really interested to learn how anime fans think of their current access to anime.

Can I put it in the "General"-"Anime" forum or can I be allowed to do it in the Poll Forum?

Many thanks!
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
you might want to send that question directly to a mod in a PM. Key and Tony K tend to respond to questions relatively quickly.
Kaomuyi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
you might want to send that question directly to a mod in a PM. Key and Tony K tend to respond to questions relatively quickly.

Thank you!!! I posted a thread in the anime forum as well... Sorry, I sort of panicked.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Hi
Thanks to whoever updated the Ghibli poll. Removed the now unnecessary Spambot choice and added From Up on Poppy Hill

BUT

You accidentally repeated Arriety three times.

also, could you change "The Borrower Arriety" to "The Secret World of Arrietty"? There wasn't an official English title when I put it on the poll.
I think everything else is still in order.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2