• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakura-Con 2012 - Exclusive Interview w/ Gen Urobuchi, Atsuhiro Iwakami and Katsushi Ota

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Urobuchi: The original idea was to have a concluding story within the original series but through producer Iwakami and director Yukihiro Miyamoto's enthusiastic support we decided we wanted something expandable as a world and concept. We wanted to make it have more breadth and be a bridge to the world view within the series and the franchise.

Whoa... that's not what I was expecting! Does this mean a bunch of completely new characters then, a more stand alone movie? And if that's the case, will we see no more of the original cast, or at best see cameo appearances? (sure hope to see at least some kind of cameos, at least, as long as they don't feel too distractingly or disgracefully shoehorned in...)

Quote:
What kind of enemies can we expect in the new movie? Will it feature more witches?
Iwakami: That's a secret, however I can say that aokiume has produced some very attractive designs.

Erm... I believe something was lost in translation here. Ume Aoki, or "aokiume," never touched the design of the witches in the original Madoka Magica witches. Do you mean Gekidan Inu Curry? That Ume Aokiwill actually design some witches herself? Or by Ume Aoki doing some new designs, she'll design some new 'cute' characters?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Quote:
Urobuchi: The original idea was to have a concluding story within the original series but through producer Iwakami and director Yukihiro Miyamoto's enthusiastic support we decided we wanted something expandable as a world and concept. We wanted to make it have more breadth and be a bridge to the world view within the series and the franchise.

Whoa... that's not what I was expecting! Does this mean a bunch of completely new characters then, a more stand alone movie? And if that's the case, will we see no more of the original cast, or at best see cameo appearances? (sure hope to see at least some kind of cameos, at least, as long as they don't feel too distractingly or disgracefully shoehorned in...)

Quote:
What kind of enemies can we expect in the new movie? Will it feature more witches?
Iwakami: That's a secret, however I can say that aokiume has produced some very attractive designs.

Erm... I believe something was lost in translation here. Ume Aoki, or "aokiume," never touched the design of the witches in the original Madoka Magica witches. Do you mean Gekidan Inu Curry? That Ume Aokiwill actually design some witches herself? Or by Ume Aoki doing some new designs, she'll design some new 'cute' characters?

This is what the translator told me he said. I'm unsure if it means aokiume is handling enemy designs but that's what seems to be implied.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Hm, as usual not much information is revealed. Typical of ANIPLEX's head producers. Their answers are so damn short too, for what I perceive to be some rather solid questions. Better then nothing I suppose.
CruzMissile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Just thought I'd add to this discussion.... a bunch of smaller press outlets had to share the 3 special guests before Lynzee hogged them all to herself... J/K.. lol

Anyway our combined questions are here, enjoy!

http://www.japanaradio.com/node/35
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1