• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Dusk maiden of Amnesia TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Looks like people got their wish. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Looks like people got their wish. Very Happy

Although delayed stream, I'm still happy CR got this. Their final announcement might come later today and I'm assuming it might be Cardfight Vanguard season 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TD912

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
What I find interesting is that the there's the same art director and background art studio from C^3, Ef: a tale of memories/melodies, Madoka Magica, and Arakawa Under The Bridge staffing this series. I expect to see lots of detailed background art eyecandy...
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
That's cool and everything that its streaming but its chances of being dubbed and released on DVD have went down quite a bit now which is saddening considering it looks to have such a promising premise.
TD912

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE wrote:
That's cool and everything that its streaming but its chances of being dubbed and released on DVD have went down quite a bit now which is saddening considering it looks to have such a promising premise.

I don't think having something streaming means it won't get released on DVD/BD or dubbed. Virtually all the series this season have been licensed for streaming between CR, NicoNico/Funi, and Viz, except for maybe one or two, and those short Flash animation ones.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Their final announcement might come later today and I'm assuming it might be Cardfight Vanguard season 2.

Probably not, although it there is a possibility that will be rectified:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-757279/cf-vanguard-asia-circut-hen?fpid=39665370
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote

It's only licensed for English speaking countries, so there is a good chance that someone already has it. Sentai and CR have been sharing a lot of series the past couple seasons and lot of those have gotten dubbed. I wouldn't be surprised if this show was one of those.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote

How so? Things like No.6 were streamed on CR yet now that series is going to be released on both DVD and Blu-ray (which means it has gotten a dub) this year. Sentai even said so themselves that they would look to see how well a series is doing, via sites like CR, before deciding to pick that title up for home releases. Future Diary is also getting a home release because the streams were getting high ratings on Funi's site. Streaming actually increases the chances of shows getting picked up.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Alright! I wanted to see this show.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote

The streaming and physical release licencing rights are separate. Having it streamed on CR won't affect the latter, unless perhaps, no one watches the former.

I'm not much of a fan of watching steams, primarily because I prefer to watch things on my TV, which is quite a bit larger than my computer monitor. Having said that, with all the streaming announcements by CR for series that I'm interested in, including Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia, I'll be dialing them up quite a bit during the next few weeks. And if the view counts are being used to determine physical releases, then I don't mind having to watch the smaller screen quite so much.
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
THis anime seems pretty interesting! I'll definitely be adding it to my queue; just hope it lives up to the local Hype I've been hearing about it from friends.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:

How so? Things like No.6 were streamed on CR yet now that series is going to be released on both DVD and Blu-ray (which means it has gotten a dub) this year. Sentai even said so themselves that they would look to see how well a series is doing, via sites like CR, before deciding to pick that title up for home releases. Future Diary is also getting a home release because the streams were getting high ratings on Funi's site. Streaming actually increases the chances of shows getting picked up.

Streaming has nothing to do with DVD/Bluray release. Tons of show on CR has DVD/Bluray release and tons of them have no dvd/Bluray. Streaming can increase or decrease of a show getting pick up, depends how many viewers.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Rukiia wrote:

Streaming has nothing to do with DVD/Bluray release. Tons of show on CR has DVD/Bluray release and tons of them have no dvd/Bluray. Streaming can increase or decrease of a show getting pick up, depends how many viewers.

Quote:
14:56:37 <bay> we plan one thing for dvd and something else for dvd/blu... but we're streaming them... so we see the numbers and we bump them up to blu-ray
14:57:06 <bay> we saw the streaming numbers for demon king and it was on both on CR and TAN and it was second to the HSoTD numbers, so we decided to bump it up and give it a dub

Straight from a distributor's mouth at this year's Anime Boston. You were saying?

And did I say every show on CR gets licensed? Nope. I said distributors would look at ratings to help them decided on licensing and/or dubbing a show. How do you explain Future Diary? Show is about to end and Funimation picked it up for home release. If you look on Funi's site the episodes have a 4-5 star rating.
shukero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
You should all relax; the fact that distro's look at streaming for stats on buying is a possibility; but unfortunately or all of us, they'll never tell you why they pickup series.

Most of the research out there from several sources including old employees usually site the "Can we make money" observation. The way the do this calculation has and will most likely never be disclosed to the public since it seems to be considered a trade secret in the industry. They may use anything from; fansub data, to their own forums, to streaming numbers; but like I said above, they'll never tell. It's pointless to squabble over the subject since neither side will ever prevail since the distro's will never tell you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
It's pointless to squabble over the subject since neither side will ever prevail since the distro's will never tell you.

Um....Refer to my quote above from Sentai:
Quote:
14:57:06 <bay> we saw the streaming numbers for demon king and it was on both on CR and TAN and it was second to the HSoTD numbers, so we decided to bump it up and give it a dub

On Topic: I have been curious about this series so I am glad it has been picked up for streams. Hope it will be a good Spring watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2