• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream 2nd Phi Brain Season

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-756972/new-spring-titles-kurokos-basketball
Quote:

We will also be adding the first season of Phi Brain along with the broadcast of the latest season.

Both seasons of Phi Brain will be available to North American audiences only.

They're also adding the first season to their site as well.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Although not currently noted in the article, Crunchyroll has also confirmed they will also be getting the first Phi Brain series:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-756972/new-spring-titles-kurokos-basketball-and-phi-brain-season-2
Quote:
We will also be adding the first season of Phi Brain along with the broadcast of the latest season.
SuperSaiyen312

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 am Reply with quote
Anyone knows if this anime is any good?
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:23 am Reply with quote
Honestly a found a animation and story to be pretty weak. The characters are also annoying as hell. I managed to get to about Episode 13 but stopped there. I'd expect better from Sunrise.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote
No mention here, but has anyone confirmed whether Sentai has season 2? I did notice they list future episodes (up to 50) on Anime Network.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
CaptainAvatar wrote:
No mention here, but has anyone confirmed whether Sentai has season 2? I did notice they list future episodes (up to 50) on Anime Network.

animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2012-03-29/sentai-filmworks-licenses-phi-brain-kami-no-puzzle-season-2

Yeah, they did.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I figured I'd bring this up, since I have brought it up other places...

Interesting.
Phi-Brain has been removed from the lineup page ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup ) and reverted back to a TBD box.

The entry still seems to exist though.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/phi-brain

But the video that was there has been removed.

I also posted in the Phi-Brain CR announcement thread about it, and an Admin responded with this.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-756972/new-spring-titles-kurokos-basketball-and-phi-brain-season-2?pg=5#39702280

Quote:
BasouKazuma wrote:

Quote:
TheCoffeeGod wrote:

Looks like Phi Brain has been removed for some reason.
The video that was up has been removed and the box on the lineup page ( http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup ) has reverted back to a TBD box.

Yea, something happened (out of our control) that needs to be sorted out before it can be brought back. That's all I can say.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 1 was briefly available on Crunchyroll on Wednesday, April 11.

Availability of the series at TAN doesn't appear to be affected, as the first episode of the second series is still there, and the schedule has not been changed for future episodes.
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
Quote:
BasouKazuma wrote: Yea, something happened (out of our control) that needs to be sorted out before it can be brought back. That's all I can say.

Ouch, contract glitch.

None of the other Sentai licensed series streaming on Crunchyroll are affected, which suggests this could be an old term carried over from the original Phi Brain license contract that is causing a hiccup.

After all, it was the season after Phi Brain aired that Crunchyroll first started getting the broader "English Language Country" streams, seemingly sublicensed from Sentai. So, as an example, they might have hammered out some terms for Sentai to include in their master license to support that ...
... where there could be a legal hiccup because the same terms are not present in the Phi Brain 2 contract.

Not saying its that precisely, but it could easily be something along those lines. If they had to scratch one sublicense and draw up another, or if they have to get something approved for Phi Brain 2 that is already covered by a newer vintage contract ... then that could easily delay Crunchyroll's streams by a week or two.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the CR contract fell through.
The Phi-Brain TBD box has now been completely removed from the lineup page.
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
Looks like the CR contract fell through.
The Phi-Brain TBD box has now been completely removed from the lineup page.

Seems likely. At the very least uncertain that it can be resolved, so best assumed to be gone.

That is, if they though it was 50:50 and weeks to fix in any event, then better take it down than not ~ they get in more trouble leaving it up and then taking it down three weeks later, and on the other hand, if they take it down now, and then three weeks later its been hammered out and they put it back up, nobody will complain about it coming back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1