• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Familiar of Zero F Episodes 7-12 Streaming

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 am Reply with quote
wasn't the best way to end a series (i blame whoever decided to wrap it up in 12 episodes) but at least the ending was decent.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
The final arc seemed something that was just thrown in there because the people working on the show were like "we only have this many episodes to the end...we have to do something!"

I'm just glad the show finally did something Saito and Louise after so much cockblocking. He has to be one of the most cockblocked male character in anime.

One of these days, I really need to figure out what goes on in the light novels.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
It was a fantastic ending to the series. I agree that the four three-ep arcs in the season were much too quick; but I also think that there wasn't a whole lot of choice in that regard. Zero no Tsukaima F was fully intended to be the final part of the series (the F stands for final, after all). Given the point in the light novels where the third season left off, there was simply too much for them to adapt into a mere 12 episodes.

The first three finally finish off the ending from season 3. Episodes four through six provide the requisite harem fanservice that fans of the show come to expect. The final six set up the important details of spoiler[Saito becoming Tiffa's familiar, and using that power to finally beat the beast of legend that the Void Mages struggled against in the past.] spoiler[Incidentally, I think that in the most recent light novel Saito became Tiffa's familiar. So the anime has effectively progressed beyond the point of the light novels.]

There could have easily been another 12 episodes/season, and it would have undoubtedly seemed a lot less rushed if that happened. But given the author's recent struggles with cancer my guess is that he wanted the series to be finished in some way, in case the worst happens and the light novel series is never completed, so that fans aren't left hanging forever. Morbid a prediction it may be, and I sincerely hope it is not the case, but I have a feeling they tried to cram in everything from Princess no Rondo onwards, beyond the most recent light novel, so that the series would at least be complete in some form. It would certainly explain why four arcs were crammed in at just three episodes apiece.

Last edited by Melicans on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Due to the author's recent bouts of illness, there's still two more volumes left for the series? So, not surprised that the anime has progressed past that point with most likely anime original stuff.

You should probably spoiler tag the LN reference there. Just saying to be on the safe side.

Anywho...what needs to be done now is to make an anime spinoff staring the super cute elf girl, Lukshana.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:58 am Reply with quote
Done (thanks for reminding me to add the spoilers). Is there supposed to be an OVA released with the last volume? Princess no Rondo had one if I remember right. If so it may focus on Lukshana, or on spoiler[Saito and Louise in Japan; likely joined by Siesta, Henrietta, Tiffa, and Charlotte.]
superdry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:04 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
Is there supposed to be an OVA released with the last volume? Princess no Rondo had one if I remember right.

Not that I know of. I'm importing the series and all volumes have the same price.

It is quite possible an OVA is made, but that should have been solicited by now. Maybe one could be bundled with either of the last two volumes of the novels.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
I felt like the first 6 episodes where more of the later half of season 3 while the second half (the part that just got reviewed). was a lot more like season 1.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote
sigh....I just wish we had more episodes focusing on spoiler[Saito and Louise's married life.]

There was sooooo many things I wanted to see involving spoiler[Louise in Japan]...especially since the anime ended with the two of them about tospoiler[ meet Saito's parents] whom he hasn't even met in what...3-4 years? Imagine seeing spoiler[your missing son of 3 to 4 years suddenly married to a french girl voiced by Rie]!
Sorrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 am Reply with quote
Gon*Gon wrote:
sigh....I just wish we had more episodes focusing on spoiler[Saito and Louise's married life.]

There was sooooo many things I wanted to see involving spoiler[Louise in Japan]...especially since the anime ended with the two of them about tospoiler[ meet Saito's parents] whom he hasn't even met in what...3-4 years? Imagine seeing spoiler[your missing son of 3 to 4 years suddenly married to a french girl voiced by Rie]!

Agreed. I would LOVE to see them in japan and meeting his parents.

Also my thoughts about his dad are either

"How could you do this saito how could you marry her and not give me a chance" or "NOOOOOO".

oh and those are both for the Rie bit included. Would depend on his dads tastes LOL.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 am Reply with quote
Agreed with the story score, it definitely seemed a bit rushed especially the arc involving Joseph not to mention some of the "fillers". I did like the final two episodes though with the intense action. I also liked the soundtrack and OST of this final season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote
@Sorrior some people may not have seen the ending so please add spoiler tags to your post.

ANN says there are 13 episodes, but I've not been able to find confirmation or any kind of information about a 13th episode anywhere. I'd love to have an OVA that looks at the events immediately following the final scene.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Louise is sexy in that picture..... Just sayin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Louise is sexy in that picture..... Just sayin.

I'd say Louise is one of the sexiest less-developed (physically, but not loli) characters in Anime, precisely because she's so genuine about her feelings (even if she's fairly Tsun much of the time).

As said in the review - it's the combination of real teenage (maturing to adult) love, lust, anxiety and embarrassment on the part of both Saito and Louise that makes it all work.
drale

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:26 am Reply with quote
Great review, Carl, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Side note: spoiler[Am I the only one that kind of thought that Louise and Saito were actually already married as of the last episode of the second season? (which was probably the second best episode of the series after this most recent ending, in my opinion)]
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
drale wrote:
Great review, Carl, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Side note: spoiler[Am I the only one that kind of thought that Louise and Saito were actually already married as of the last episode of the second season? (which was probably the second best episode of the series after this most recent ending, in my opinion)]

spoiler[It was neither legal nor official, even if they considered themselves married.] And it's obvious from later actions that they didn't really believe it themselves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2