• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Gaiking Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow!! Now this IS a surprise!! Very Happy

Guess they are digging through stuff and trying to find stuff to animate for a newer generation.
Sazabi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Go Gaiking!

Does anybody else thing the kid looks like he could be from Digimon? The animation style is surprisingly similar. o.o
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:07 am Reply with quote
Wow...the redesigned Gaiking looks scary as opposed to just plain old ugly.

*prays for a new Dancougar TV Series*
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Super Arrow wrote:
Wow...the redesigned Gaiking looks scary as opposed to just plain old ugly.

*prays for a new Dancougar TV Series*

Hahaha!! That old 'Gaiking' was pretty ugly. But a new 'Dancougar', it could very well happen.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I just want to see Final Dancougar get animated.

Some SPT Layzner & Gundam X Remake-Sequels would be nice too.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote
I thought the kid that pilots Gaiking looked like Hayato from Cyber Formula....maybe that's just me. I was hoping it was a direct remake of the original. I liked Sanshirou Tsuwabuki, the baseball player as the main character. Speaking of Dancougar, has anyone heard if U.S. Manga is going to be putting that on DVD anytime soon? I also thought they said that the rest of Machine Robo would make it out too....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing about this as early as more than a year ago (March 2004 or so) and there've been some screenshots from the pilot episode dancing around the internet, but we never heard anything since, so I'm glad it's finally off the ground. It was called "Gaiking Neo" then, but now it doesn't seem to have that attached to it.

I haven't heard a thing about Machine Robo since volume three came out last year. Have they ever commented on it since or did it just not sell well enough to continue?

Because seriously, I need more Rom.
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
I wanna see the "Gaiking Bite" Attack from Super Robot Wars get animated...it'd easily be the Best SR Attack since...uh...oh, I can't even remember.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
wow, now that's old school
Zeus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote
Awesome, Gaiking was one of my first anime growing up(was part of "Force Five" where i grew up). It'll be great to see an updated version.
TheHTRO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Here are some story details:

The main character's name is "Daiya Tsuwabuki". He is a junior high student who meets "Daiku-Maryu" (Toei's official English spelling), a "giant machine dragon" who saved his life five years earlier, and who's head becomes the super robot Gaiking. Together, Daiya, who pilots Gaiking fights the evil forces of the mysterious world Darius. The show's website goes on to mention the mystery of Daiya's father's disappearance five years before, and if I'm translating this right, a journey to the land of Darius.

I don't want to give out the whole story, so this is just a basic summary of it.

Also, it's true that this isn't a remake of the original Gaiking series, but I for one am interested, and if it's successful enough in Japan, maybe Toei will consider a U.S. release in some form.

FYI: This show will be taking over Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo's Japanese timeslot on TV Asahi.
zwanzig

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:02 am Reply with quote
well... I guess they remake this series so the show becomes more attracted to kids in japan?...

but yea I prefer the original characters/stories... a sequel is always nice... I don't mind seeing that kid pilot Gaking.. (actually I do), but at least tie it to the original story..
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1