• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Glad That ANN's Back Up

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just out of not-so-idle curiosity: What happened? Cool
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
It was evidently some problem with the website's database server, per the editor-in-chief's Twitter account:

Christophe MacDonald wrote:
We're having a problem with Anime News Network's database server, and we're working on it. No ETA yet.

Christophe MacDonald wrote:
...Last year the facility shutdown and moved our servers without informing us. Today one of our servers is sick.

I assume that we won't have to worry about anything like the rash of problems that happened last year when their colocation center was naughty. Well, I hope not, I don't really know what I'm talking about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 am Reply with quote
By the way, is anybody else having problems updating their My Anime entries in their "My Anime" categories? I get an error message, for example, when I try to edit a comment. I can edit entries in the Anime Goods section as usual.
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 am Reply with quote
Yep. I just tried to add a series to my list, and got an error message.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
I have been having that problem with one specific anime. It is impossible for me to add Summer Wars to My Anime. Since I watched it last month I have been trying to add it, but it can't be done.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's not just ANN's problem. I just went to a rather noteworthy Detective Conan "Project" site and got a Cloudflare "Website is currently unavailable" message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1