• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dusk Maiden of Amnesia BD/DVD to Have Unaired Episode

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote
Aw man, two episodes per disc is just...killer...another reason being an anime fan outside of Japan is a moneysaver.
Mirri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
Meygaera wrote:
Aw man, two episodes per disc is just...killer...another reason being an anime fan outside of Japan is a moneysaver.

Even three episodes per disc like MAWARU-PENGUINDRUM is still pretty darn pricey. The price on the Fate/ZERO box was pretty awesome in terms of being an importing fan, though I did end up paying more than I would've in Japan because I bought from Rightstuf for the ::booklet::.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
Of course, because all anime do that now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
Of course, because all anime do that now.

Yeah, the only stuff that doesn't are the long running shows... they do 4 episodes per disc!

I wonder if anyone actually buys those Naruto filler volumes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote
Wonder what the episode may be about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Ugh, they pulled that BS "buy the volumes if you want to finish the story!" thing again?

Unless this is just an OVA or something...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Ugh, they pulled that BS "buy the volumes if you want to finish the story!" thing again?

These bonus episodes are usually fluff episodes. They are rarely plot relevant. Usually it will at most be an epilogue if the TV series actually resolved the story. But the manga is 7 volumes (and ongoing as far as I know) so the anime won't resolve anything unless it creates its own ending.

Quote:
Unless this is just an OVA or something...

That depends on what you mean by "OVA". I would call this a bonus episode, since its part of the TV series release. It would be an OVA if it was a separate release, like the recent A-Channel OVA.

But if you consider any episodes that weren't on TV to be an "OVA", then yes, it is.

In either case, your statement makes no sense, as we already know that its going to be a bonus episode/OVA.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Most likely, it'll be like a fanservice episode or something that has nothing to do with the actual story.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
What I really wonder is why ANN posts news about Japanese releases. Most of us are not going to import this series anyways. So why make a fuss about how much Japanese pay for anime?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
What I really wonder is why ANN posts news about Japanese releases. Most of us are not going to import this series anyways. So why make a fuss about how much Japanese pay for anime?

Because the vast majority of anime fans don't only watch whatever is legally released here.

Also, I don't see anything in the article about the price.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Because the vast majority of anime fans don't only watch whatever is legally released here.

Also, I don't see anything in the article about the price.

I know that the vast majority of fans not only watch what is legally released. But I don't see the relevance of the 6th volume of the JAPANESE release of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia having an unaired episode. We will probably see it on the Sentai release.

I know that the post does not say anything about the price, but people in the forum, once again, have starting whining about anime prices in Japan.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I know that the vast majority of fans not only watch what is legally released. But I don't see the relevance of the 6th volume of the JAPANESE release of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia having an unaired episode. We will probably see it on the Sentai release.

So ANN is only supposed to report on things that seem like the vast majority of people would care about? The world isn't all about you. Sometimes you'll see news that you don't particularly care about. Deal with it.

This is "Anime News Network", not "Anime Released in English News Network".
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:14 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I know that the vast majority of fans not only watch what is legally released. But I don't see the relevance of the 6th volume of the JAPANESE release of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia having an unaired episode.

Its telling people there is an additional episode to look forward to.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

So ANN is only supposed to report on things that seem like the vast majority of people would care about? The world isn't all about you. Sometimes you'll see news that you don't particularly care about. Deal with it.

This is "Anime News Network", not "Anime Released in English News Network".

Why do you have to get all defensive? I am not trying to take down Anime News Network or anything like that. I DO want to know about anime news. I am not trying to diss ANN for providing anime news content, I just do not see why we are getting so worked up about an extra episode.

I am enjoying Dusk Maiden of Amnesia a lot, and I am intrigued about the unaired episode, but why be so worried and defensive about it. If the series continues to be great and episode 12 ends the series "propely", I will be very happy. If not, I will be a bit mad and expect episode 13th to be in the Sentai release.

Once again, I did not intend to offend anyone.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Time for the responsible Japanese producers to commit hari kiri while jumping from a sky-scraper to redeem their hameful greed based decision.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2