• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Doll Model Venus Palermo Interviewed on Daily Mail Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The truth about THAT 15-year-old human Barbie from South London who (with her mother's approval) has become a disturbing internet phenomenon

Quote:
It’s all rather strange and a little bit disturbing.

Why do i get the feeling that the media is bullying her?
Takuku

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
Because just like the Daybreak interviewer, they can't accept someone who doesn't follow the norm?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
This is the UK Daily Mail. The newspaper that gave us "Ban This Filth!" about anime. The only big news about this is that she's got more subscribers the the DM. Laughing
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Takuku wrote:
Because just like the Daybreak interviewer, they can't accept someone who doesn't follow the norm?

But that's just sad. Crying or Very sad

Mohawk52 wrote:
This is the UK Daily Mail. The newspaper that gave us "Ban This Filth!" about anime. The only big news about this is that she's got more subscribers the the DM. Laughing

They actually made an article where they openly said that anime should be banned?
That's actually an insult to people who love anime and manga, if they indeed made an article that says that anime/manga should be banned.

The media should stay neutral and they shouldn't be allowed to write their own opinions (at least not about topics such as culture). If they have negative opinions about something, they should keep it to themselves.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
The media should stay neutral and they shouldn't be allowed to write their own opinions

Since time immemorial, it might seem, it has been the modus operandi of the Daily Mail and similar periodicals to do precisely the opposite. One fathoms its readership quietly indulges in its evaluative slant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1