• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Firefox Problems

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
himono.onna

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
Hi, I am having a problem with ANN when I open it in firefox. The only text that appears is the headlines on the main page. Whenever I click into an article or into any other page, only the pictures show up. Also, it won't let me see anything more than the titles of the posts on the index in the forum. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:40 am Reply with quote
What version are you using? I haven't seen this happen on any recent version of Firefox. Also, do you use any add-ons that might block site content?
himono.onna

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
I have firefox 12, and I tried disabling add-ons and it didn't make a difference. This problem popped up last night, but I didn't think much of it until today when it persisted.
Key

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote
This problem is probably particular to your server and/or computer. I'm running Firefox 12 right now to type this and having no problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I am also running Firefox 12.0 and having no issues either.

Trying clearing your cookies first.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
If you've already tried disabling plugins I would say try clearing your cache (rather than cookies) in case you have a corrupt CSS file cached or something. Does Firefox still have a "safe mode" option on the start menu?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Shiori Hane: Now that is a feature I have seen in a while I believe. However I found a website that shows directions to get into Safe mode and this should work for Firefox 12.0 (the latest version)

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-use-mozilla-firefox-in-safe-mode

Here are the steps though.

From Start ““ All Programs (Programs in Vista) ““ Mozilla Firefox – Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).

From Start ““ Run ““ Type firefox.exe -safe-mode. Hit OK. (or “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” -safe-mode)

For Linux or Mac:

Linux ““ use Terminal and type in /path/to/firefox/firefox -safe-mode

Mac OS X ““ open Terminal and type in /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox -safe-mode

Hope I was able to provide some insight.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
As everyone said, clear your cache and cookies and let us know if the problem persists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1