• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cat Planet Cuties - Win it BEFORE you can Buy it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyevocal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Could you please tell us why Canadians are shut out of this contest, even though they're still included in the FMA Milos contest, and Funimation also distributes here? As a Canuck, I find this to be a load.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I know the Fine Print says it will only be shipped within the US, but I think Canada is still included in that (don't take my word for that, it's just my personal belief). In any case, I entered the contest and submitted my Canadian address in the entry form and didn't get any kind of message saying my mailing address was invalid - for whatever that is worth.
eyevocal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Just did the same and got the same results as you. Still waiting for an answer about this, though.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I entered even though I'm not particularly fond of series like this. I'm just so desperate for the emotional validation of winning something.

Of course, I'd watch it if I won it. Free is the right price for me to take a chance outside of my tastes.

Blood- wrote:
...In any case, I entered the contest and submitted my Canadian address in the entry form and didn't get any kind of message saying my mailing address was invalid ...

I think that addresses are screened after the fact when determining the winners, not at submission.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
This series was actually pretty good... especially the uncensored version, which is what Funi has. I'd fully recommend it to any fan of ecchi shows.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I entered even though I'm not particularly fond of series like this. I'm just so desperate for the emotional validation of winning something.

Laughing I just want to say there's nothing sad and pathetic about that at all and don't let anyone tell you different. And yes, I believe you are right about addresses being screened after the winner(s) are announced as opposed to before.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:

Laughing I just want to say there's nothing sad and pathetic about that at all and don't let anyone tell you different...

Awwww, stop ruining my fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
aww just the purrfect series to add to my collection lawl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Due to shipping times, Canadians wouldn't get the release on time.

Funimation asked me to make the contest US only, so that's that.

When I pull random winners on Thursday, if a Canadian address pops up, I'll just discard it and have the script pick another...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad

Naturally, Funimation has the right to place any limits it wants on its contests, but I find its reasoning slightly bizarre. Personally, I wouldn't care that I wouldn't be getting the release early - I just wanna own it.

Last edited by Blood- on Mon May 07, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
The show is horrible, absolutely horrible... don't bother entering, you wouldn't like the show at all.

It would give me a better chance at winning.

Truthfully, I loved the show for being much more than the crappy localized title or any of the marketing leads you believe. Yes, it has a ton of fan service and it does follow a love quadrangle quasi harem set-up but it does tell some very good stories, borrowing some serious sci-fi ideas in service of its fun romp.
eyevocal

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Just phoned Lance Heiskell at Funimation about this and left a voice mail seeking answers, because that is a terribly lame reason to leave us out of one contest but not another.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I can't recall Canadians ever being excluded from a contest before, but I could be wrong. Would suck if this becomes a trend - especially considering this is a Canadian site! Laughing
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Cat Planet Cuties was surprisingly good. There aren't many fanservice-heavy shows I thought were worth watching, much less want to own, but I'd be happy to snag a copy here.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

There is something to be said of being called a winner. That said, I already have my copy in my hands (TRSI kinda makes shambles of the whole "win it before you can buy it" thing) so even though I like the thought of being a winner, I'll refrain from entering so someone who is without can have it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2