• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation February Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:57 pm Reply with quote
WOO WOO WOO!!! Ok, I can't wait until the last volume is released for 'Burst Angel'. Plus, I REEEEEEALLY want to see the OVA. Hope it's good! Anime hyper

I have a question, will all 7 vol. fit into the artbox. I checked it out at the store and it was kind of hard doing it by eye. Any answers to this? Surprised
darcerin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
A Funimation rep at Otakon told me that they're pulling what they had of Case Closed on the shelves now, and re-inventing the line of Case Closed so it's aimed at adult fans rather than kids, as it was previously. They also gave us a survey to fill out about what merchandise we'd like to see come from Case Closed when I was at their booth.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
WOO WOO WOO!!! Ok, I can't wait until the last volume is released for 'Burst Angel'. Plus, I REEEEEEALLY want to see the OVA. Hope it's good! Anime hyper

I have a question, will all 7 vol. fit into the artbox. I checked it out at the store and it was kind of hard doing it by eye. Any answers to this? Surprised

No that artbox will only fit 6 DVDs. I already checked.
GotenZ1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I had heard the same from another FUNimation rep (actually a close friend of mine in the company). I'm hoping that the big difference with these new releases will be a higher episode count. 5? 6? Maybe. It's a long series, and judging by how it is selling right now in America, I think it would be a good move on FUNi's part.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Advent_NebulaWell, I figured as much. Wink

GotenZ1 wrote:
Yeah I had heard the same from another FUNimation rep (actually a close friend of mine in the company). I'm hoping that the big difference with these new releases will be a higher episode count. 5? 6? Maybe. It's a long series, and judging by how it is selling right now in America, I think it would be a good move on FUNi's part.

The series is ONLY 24 episodes. If they are doing 4 per. volume that should cover it making vol. 6 the last one. Because the box can only hold 6.
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
darcerin wrote:
A Funimation rep at Otakon told me that they're pulling what they had of Case Closed on the shelves now, and re-inventing the line of Case Closed so it's aimed at adult fans rather than kids, as it was previously. They also gave us a survey to fill out about what merchandise we'd like to see come from Case Closed when I was at their booth.

For clarification, not reinventing. Just starting from the beginning. The show wasn't aimed for anyone in particular. Just people who like a good story.

Lance Heiskell
FUNimation Guy
GotenZ1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

GotenZ1 wrote:

The series is ONLY 24 episodes. If they are doing 4 per. volume that should cover it making vol. 6 the last one. Because the box can only hold 6.

Sorry Chrno2, I didn't clarify. I was talking about Case Closed, not Burst Angel. Case Closed has over 300 episodes (Maybe over 400 by now) so that's what I meant by a long series.

And thank you Mr. Heiskell for clarifying. I love my good stories ^^
bleuster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad FUNi is starting over with Case Closed.

Not being able to catch all the episodes that aired on [as] and the DVD releases of where it left off made things a little confusing/hectic, so I was hesitant to make a purchase.

Glad my instincts went to good use. Now, if only they came in thinpaks... w/OSTs and bow-ties.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
I'm glad FUNi is starting over with Case Closed.

Not being able to catch all the episodes that aired on [as] and the DVD releases of where it left off made things a little confusing/hectic, so I was hesitant to make a purchase.

Glad my instincts went to good use. Now, if only they came in thinpaks... w/OSTs and bow-ties.

I hope (not that I care much) that there are reversible Detective Conan covers, and that the artboxes are logo free (just for the convienience of those who care, I mean, it'd be nice Smile )
AutoGyro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Lance...when is "Lupin the 3rd: Missed by a Dollar" set to be released?

Also, other than the main 5, who's doing the English voices for the rest of the Characters in "the Columbus Files" and "Missed by a Dollar" ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1