• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2012-05-09

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote
lol. nice work, I can see they are getting good at making the character designs and a lot of the work there own.
scrwbll19

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Laughing Being a Touhou fan myself, I know what is meant here. Honestly, I have wondered for a long time why ZUN does not hire one of the doujin artists that he has worked with to do the character designs in the official games. It is kind of sad when the drawings for the fanon are better than the ones for the canon. Confused
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
scrwbll19 wrote:
Laughing Being a Touhou fan myself, I know what is meant here. Honestly, I have wondered for a long time why ZUN does not hire one of the doujin artists that he has worked with to do the character designs in the official games. It is kind of sad when the drawings for the fanon are better than the ones for the canon. Confused

Probably too proud to admit it.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
scrwbll19 wrote:

Probably too proud to admit it.

it also applies to early FF
Kiriska

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
scrwbll19 wrote:
:lol: Being a Touhou fan myself, I know what is meant here. Honestly, I have wondered for a long time why ZUN does not hire one of the doujin artists that he has worked with to do the character designs in the official games. It is kind of sad when the drawings for the fanon are better than the ones for the canon. :?

ZUN must remain a one-man army! 8D
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
And why not just grab actual art instead of faking it?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote
As a figure collector, I laughed at this. It's so true how quite a few figures are better looking than their characters in the anime.

Yeah, I'm looking at you PMMM.

Though, I'm certainly not complaining. These things make a shelf look prettier than a cardboard box.
Razz
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 am Reply with quote
scrwbll19 wrote:

Because ZUN actually has a pretty unique style rather than just drawin in generic moe.
Crescentvn

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 am Reply with quote
rawr~~~~, u will not make fun of ZUN art
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
scrwbll19 wrote:

Because ZUN actually has a pretty unique style rather than just drawin in generic moe.

His style is unique in that most people try to draw better than a third grader.

Really, I love Touhou (I'm waiting until I can beat EotSD on at least normal to play the next), but I have to admit that the dude just can't draw...
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Hehe. Reminds me of original PC art for Umineko, oh dear...
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
EnigmaticSky wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
scrwbll19 wrote:

His style is unique in that most people try to draw better than a third grader.

Really, I love Touhou (I'm waiting until I can beat EotSD on at least normal to play the next), but I have to admit that the dude just can't draw...

ZUN's art hasn't been "bad" since like Imperishable Night. And he draws WAAAY better than most third graders. Yeah, his art ain't perfect, but it has a very noticeable and unique style.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
As a figure collector, I laughed at this. It's so true how quite a few figures are better looking than their characters in the anime.

Yeah, I'm looking at you PMMM.

Though, I'm certainly not complaining. These things make a shelf look prettier than a cardboard box.
Razz

Damn skippy and as a fellow collector I agree. Don't know how many times I've gotten figures that looked better then the original counterpart. Plus there's tons of great looking figures for shows....that well....you'd not want your parents to see you watching lol. Got 3 figures myself that are not super sexual themselves and look great, but are actually from hentai series.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Got 3 figures myself that are not super sexual themselves and look great, but are actually from hentai series.

Before I sold them, I used to have all the figures from Pia Carrot. I didn't even know it was a hentai series until I looked it up here.

Most were in waitress costumes, but were poorly made. All but 3 started leaning, though that's probably one of the reasons they stopped using so much PVC in them.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Heh, occasionally I've been amazed at the gorgeous Homestuck fanart out there since the actual comic (at least the early parts that I've seen) is rather basic.

And we will miss you Kiriska, I vote that every time Robin needs to take a hiatus in the future that Kiriska should do the guests strips in the meanwhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2