• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this manga at the moment... It certainly doesn't help the scope of the whole arc right now bringing Sasuke back into play. It's becoming a bit tiresome to keep track of everyone's whereabouts; getting too complex, needs to be simplified. Confused

Agent355 wrote:
One question though: Why doesn't Tsunade have a slug Sage Mode? It would be gross, but she should still have that power![/spoiler] Twisted Evil

Allow me to answer your question with another: Did anyone before now know that Kabuto, like Naruto, could enter senjutsu mode? Wink

(In other words, spoiler[the door Kishimoto just opened, for Tsunade too, is very much far from closing.)]
Smoke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this manga at the moment... It certainly doesn't help the scope of the whole arc right now bringing Sasuke back into play. It's becoming a bit tiresome to keep track of everyone's whereabouts; getting too complex, needs to be simplified.

it definitely went all over the place as soon as the war began. Now there are 3 important battles (naruto/bee vs tobi, sages vs madara, and sasuke/itachi vs kabuto). The worst part about it is it leaves you feeling like "which battle are they gonna focus on this week" or will they even focus on a battle. The next chapter could be all flash backs (which is annoying) or about whats going on outside of the battles.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Smoke wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this manga at the moment... It certainly doesn't help the scope of the whole arc right now bringing Sasuke back into play. It's becoming a bit tiresome to keep track of everyone's whereabouts; getting too complex, needs to be simplified.

it definitely went all over the place as soon as the war began. Now there are 3 important battles (naruto/bee vs tobi, sages vs madara, and sasuke/itachi vs kabuto).

Those three alone take some effort to keep track of, not to mention the other bigger battles being fought against the army of Zetsu's elsewhere by everyone else.
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the strange interplay between Itachi and Sasuke. It seems like Itachi finally understands how much his actions messed up Sasuke, and is taking responsibility for it. Sasuke, in turn, is becoming more of a sympathetic character as he admits his confusion about himself and his brother, and the entire Uchiha clan.

Also, how can you not like Sasuke's new nickname: "Dr. Snakes"? Laughing

Chapter 582 has me a bit apprehensive spoiler[as we start an inevitably long Kabuto flashback. Does this mean Kabuto is going to be killed off soon? I actually would like to know where he's from...thus far, all we know is that he forgot his name and who his parent's were when he was a young child. Nothing else seems all that traumatic, yet.

(If the masked guy who claimed to be Madara turns out to be his father or something, I'm calling shenanigans! Razz)]
RGaspar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Chapter 582 has me a bit apprehensive spoiler[as we start an inevitably long Kabuto flashback. Does this mean Kabuto is going to be killed off soon? I actually would like to know where he's from...thus far, all we know is that he forgot his name and who his parent's were when he was a young child. Nothing else seems all that traumatic, yet.

(If the masked guy who claimed to be Madara turns out to be his father or something, I'm calling shenanigans! Razz)]

Judging from that very last chapter (583 should be out the door tomorrow or so!) I don't get Kabuto's words spoiler[about how he was a lonely guy that nobody cared about. I mean...he's definitely still using those glasses that the nun gave to him when he was 5. If that doesn't show some kind of affection, then I don't know anymore.

I bet Kabuto is going to die soon (If the battle lasts too much, I predict June) and he'll kind of regret all his evil actions, and die with a smile, because he's going to join that nun and all his friends of the orphanage. Mark my words, Naruto always does that stuff Razz]
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
If there is one guy who shouldn't have Therapy-no-Jutsu in this manga, it's Kabuto, who so sincerely proclaimed that he took Naruto's influence to heart by absorbing all of Orochimaru's power/life force/whatever.

Thankfully, Naruto isn't fighting him, so he doesn't have to have a huge change. Laughing
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Why did the chapter have to end where it did? It's likely this is the moment when Sasuke will see his brother for the last time. You don't interrupt what will likely be something tragic like that.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I've not read naruto in aaaages but i have read the last few chapters. i rekkon i'll just keep buying the collected volumes and i'll eventually get to the point i left it at.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Tenbyakugon wrote:
Why did the chapter have to end where it did? It's likely this is the moment when Sasuke will see his brother for the last time. You don't interrupt what will likely be something tragic like that.

Perhaps itachi has already activated the new technique and the body we see is simply an illusion or a momentary "death" (like Danzo when he used the izanagi). Either way Itachi wouldn't die unless he is immediately sealed after that hit, so in the worst case cenario Sasuke seems ready to attack Kabuto right away.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:56 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
I've not read naruto in aaaages but i have read the last few chapters. i rekkon i'll just keep buying the collected volumes and i'll eventually get to the point i left it at.

Just out of curiosity, where did you left at?? Not to spoil things, just wanted to know.

If I was buying the physical copies, I'd have left at the Pain stage, for sure. That was the first (strong) signal the manga wasn't what it used to be.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 am Reply with quote
i think i left it alone just after the pain attack, I've read the odd chapter since then.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
RGaspar wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

Just out of curiosity, where did you left at?? Not to spoil things, just wanted to know.

If I was buying the physical copies, I'd have left at the Pain stage, for sure. That was the first (strong) signal the manga wasn't what it used to be.

Gotta agree with you there, the whole conclusion to that arc has such an easy twist for the author to revert things to the way they were that it makes the attack much less important than it should have been, especially after what happened to Jiraiya and Itachi, some of the best arcs in my opinion...

I'm still enjoying, overall, the current chapters and looking forward to the ending but I would've prefered that the whole edo tensei thing didn't exist in the first place, along with the numerous and preachy flashbacks. The Kinkaku and Ginkaku chapters from the volume that just came out are some of the worst I've ever read in the manga...
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
that was my feeling, alot happened and i was sitting there reading it thinking "wow naruto hasn't been this good since the end of the chunin exams" and then bam it hits the reset button and you wonder why they bothered at all.

its not terrible but I really liked naruto when it first started and now i can take or leave it.

Last edited by RAmmsoldat on Thu May 10, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeburPT

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, what I really liked about Naruto is that the story at times is much more meaningful and takes more risks than the majority of the shonen that is out there (and this gets a bit overlooked because of its popularity and, I believe, the shonen jump restrictions that don't let the author make all the hard decisions and kill more important characters), but since the end of the pain arc it has really lost an important part of that strength. It's just dragging a bit until it's conclusion and even the artwork has been letting me down (it was at its best during the beginning of Shippuden and the Sasori arc, my favorite part).
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It's all about Kushina for me! Very Happy Kishimoto wasn't planning to give her much development, but he turned that around and gave her an awesome backstory!

The war has had some good parts and some very underwhelming storytelling. I like how minor characters such as Darui, Killer Bee and even Chouji got development and time I the spotlight. OTOH, I'm still waiting for the full potential of other characters like Dan (what's the point of bringing him back to life if he's not going to see Tsunade?), Kakashi's "total rampage" was non-existent, and the less said about Ginkaku and Kinkaku, the better.

As for this week's chapter spoiler[I really hope Itachi's not gone for good. These last few chapters were the first time I had any appreciation for Itachi or Sasuke (since Sasuke left the village). Confronted with his revived brother, Sasuke's finally acting like a relatable human being--he's hurt, confused, and just wants answers. If Itachi goes now, Sasuke will probably revert to the arrogant, rage-filled mess he was in, and I will once again root for his death rather than his reformation. If Kishimoto wants the audience to sympathize with Naruto's desire to bring Sasuke back, Sasuke needs to stay relatable. That will only happen if he has time for a real discussion with Itachi, not just bonding while preparing for an attack against Kabuto.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 73 of 79