• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2nd Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season Cast, Theme Performers Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote
So hype, LET'S F***IN GO!!!
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
Well, lets see whats going on....HOLY SHIT THIS IS EPIC

Quote:
Momoko Saito as Thomas Shakespeare (England's "Queen's Trump" 6)

STEALTH MOMO!

Quote:
Ryoka Yuzuki as Thomas Cavendish (England's "Queen's Trump" 5-3)

...if I'm matching up names and images right, SHE'S A GODDAMN MERMAID

Quote:
Masami Okui and Aira Yuki will perform the new ending theme song.

MY MONIES. TAKE ALL OF THEM
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:43 am Reply with quote
How the hell did this unwatchable, plotless pile of shit even get another season?
opn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:08 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
How the hell did this unwatchable, plotless pile of shit even get another season?

how everything gets a second season....it sold really well in japan (18k). anyway i haven't seen horizon so i cant say anything about this but since there really isn't much going on in fall i might just marathon the first series and watch the second.
edit: forgot it was split cour so ignore the first part.

Last edited by opn on Sun May 13, 2012 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Yeah, it's a travesty, when so many other more interesting shows go sequel-less. Confused
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Like Fate/Zero it was originally planned as a 2 cour show. It just got split off with a couple cour breaks in between.

And no, it's not plotless...it just took a long time to get on its feet. The novels are really well done and so far it's pretty faithful to it. Many people knew ahead of time that Horizon had a lot of potential going forward and the show was really testing people's patience .
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

It's not based on sales actually, it was revealed to us to be a split show while the first half was still airing.
jree78

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
I loved this show, and yes it was confusing but I enjoy trying to figure things out. Game of Thrones, half the time I have no idea what's going on and it's in english but I enjoy trying to figure things out. Same concept in my humble opinion. Very Happy
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Well, as its been said, they reviled it to be a split-cour but even if it wasn't some pre-production choice, why not? It sells. I'd have bought it if other shows hadn't taken priority. I've found it to be highly entertaining.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Well, as its been said, they reviled it to be a split-cour but even if it wasn't some pre-production choice, why not? It sells. I'd have bought it if other shows hadn't taken priority. I've found it to be highly entertaining.

I guess anti-gravity breasts can turn people off really fast. I understand why people might have dropped it on the first episode, or even the second, it doesn't really get going until a few episodes later. The show is much easier to marathon than it is to watch weekly.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:

Let me guess, you only watched episode 1, right?

Horizon is many things, but it is most certainly not plotless. It in fact almost suffers from a surfeit of plot.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hahaha.......... Japanese co-opting British history.................
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Hahaha.......... Japanese co-opting British history.................

Thats not the only history the series coopted...
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

I guess anti-gravity breasts can turn people off really fast. I understand why people might have dropped it on the first episode, or even the second, it doesn't really get going until a few episodes later. The show is much easier to marathon than it is to watch weekly.

Watching it was weekly was a pain due to the lack of decent subs when it aired. I was impatient, as with many others, so it was annoying waiting for TAN subs. The Hadena shitstorm made the wait much more fun though.

Does anyone know if TAN/CR already have the license for this season? I remember when CR revealed their lineup, Horizon was in the "ongoings" slot but removed later on. I assume that means they have the license but I want to be sure.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:47 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Watching it was weekly was a pain due to the lack of decent subs when it aired. I was impatient, as with many others, so it was annoying waiting for TAN subs. The Hadena shitstorm made the wait much more fun though.

Does anyone know if TAN/CR already have the license for this season? I remember when CR revealed their lineup, Horizon was in the "ongoings" slot but removed later on. I assume that means they have the license but I want to be sure.

As far as we know they do, but nothing has really been said one way or another.

I hope the streaming situation is less astoundingly fucked up this time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2