• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, May 6-12

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Its nice to see Psyren on the list its really a shame that Psyren was never given the opportunity to be turned into an anime..it simply wasn't popular enough in the long run which is why it had a bit of a rushed ending but never the less it was a solid ending to a very underrated series.
perroloco

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Its close.. One Piece v63 hopefully gets released on a month with no Naruto or Sailor Moon (Or BLEACH) and its sure to get the 1st spot next time!!
FinalArcadia

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Man, the Sailor Moon manga is certainly moving quickly with releases! I guess it makes sense though, considering it's already a completed series.

I can't get over how lovely the covers have been...
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Too bad for the people who bought Sailor Moon #5 and got bad pages like these and got bad customer service from Kodansha after being contacted about the issue.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:16 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Too bad for the people who bought Sailor Moon #5 and got bad pages like these and got bad customer service from Kodansha after being contacted about the issue.

Thanks for posting this, I haven't got the chance to see book 5 yet but after seeing the pages I now know hat I'm in for, I'll flip through ever copy the store has until I can find a decent copy and if not then I'll complain to Kodasha.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

Thanks for posting this, I haven't got the chance to see book 5 yet but after seeing the pages I now know hat I'm in for, I'll flip through ever copy the store has until I can find a decent copy and if not then I'll complain to Kodasha.

Yikes, good thing I haven't picked up 5 yet. (Want to read through my 3 and 4 before I continue on with the series.) But I'll be on the look out.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read my copy yet and I flipped to those 2 pages and the smudging is definitely there. However, my copy isn't nearly as bad as the ones linked... Yiikes how did that happen?
Kosaka

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ or Sheleigha, if you one of you gets a chance, could you mention the page numbers with the smudging?

Even if a problem occurs only in 1 or 2 copies, if a book is defective, they should replace it. The only exception might be if the issue could have been caused by the customer, like if someone spilled a drink on a book, but I think something like that would generally leave other indications on the book.

Interesting that Sailor Moon 5 started at #2 instead of #1 like Sailor Moon 1-4 did. #2 is still doing well, of course.
JarethaUlrich

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 pm Reply with quote
The images referenced are pages 39 and 50.

My copy, pre-ordered through Amazon, is in perfect condition. Maybe it was just a bad batch of books?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
perroloco wrote:
Its close.. One Piece v63 hopefully gets released on a month with no Naruto or Sailor Moon (Or BLEACH) and its sure to get the 1st spot next time!!

I think it's bound to happen... as much as a series can start slow in a specific Country for whatever reason, when such series is a potential masterpiece sooner or later people will notice. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Kosaka wrote:
NJ_ or Sheleigha, if you one of you gets a chance, could you mention the page numbers with the smudging?

Even if a problem occurs only in 1 or 2 copies, if a book is defective, they should replace it. The only exception might be if the issue could have been caused by the customer, like if someone spilled a drink on a book, but I think something like that would generally leave other indications on the book.

I don't own this volume yet but it has been reported by others who do as seen here & here (for the latter, look for posts from May 8-10)
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
hmm, my copy of Saiunkoku #7 had a couple of pages printed twice so I guess both VIZ and Kodansha had a bit of printing troubles this time around
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
My copy of SM 5 is also smudged, but not nearly as badly as those photos. Guess I'll be getting in touch...
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
Naruto at the #1 spot Smile
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
baadaku12345 wrote:
Naruto at the #1 spot Smile

Oh I know, right? Ahead of Sailor Moon, this is a good thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2