• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What Do You Mean It's No Longer Published in My Country?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambercrystal

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
I am kind of annoyed about Sgt. Frog. It is still being released in Japan, and seems to be doing well. 21 volumes were released by Tokyopop before they went out of business.

I was about four volumes in when Tokyopop announced that it was closing down. I tried really hard to buy more volumes when I heard that, but it appears to be a very popular series, and was bought up really fast.

I was able to buy all 21 volumes on ebay recently, but I had to pay about $350 in one go to do it...

I really hope that one day Australia (and America of course) will see more Sgt. Frog.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:16 pm Reply with quote
i just hate that there seems to be no manga publisher in any other english speaking country than america
ambercrystal

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
i just hate that there seems to be no manga publisher in any other english speaking country than america

Yeah, I find that kind of annoying too.
Though, there is one that is located in Singapore, and distributes english language manga to Australia through Madman. I got Fruits Basket from them, because it was cheaper than from Tokyopop. I haven't seen any of their stuff in a while though...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2