• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio 4°C Makes Anime Short of Shirow's Orion Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edzieba

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I always had a soft spot for Orion's meticulously detailed "magic = structured spatial programming" schtick.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
My GAWD!!! After all these years of wishing it finally happened!!!
Well, sort of. As a long time Shirow fan I always wanted to see this manga animated.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I can't wait to see it!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, sort of. As a long time Shirow fan I always wanted to see this manga animated.

Agreed. This would make a pretty good movie or 3 episode OVA. Hopefully this will spark some attention to make that happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Agreed. This would make a pretty good movie or 3 episode OVA. Hopefully this will spark some attention to make that happen.

Agreed. Was thinking the same thing. Well, here's hoping. And Studio 4°C has proven time and time again of their animation skills. They've done A LOT.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Orion has even more text than Ghost in the Shell or a typical American comic. Might as well just read a novel than watch an anime. Laughing
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Since it's short, I wouldn't mind watching it, although I gotta admit I had the hardest time getting into the manga.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Orion has even more text than Ghost in the Shell or a typical American comic. Might as well just read a novel than watch an anime. Laughing

Heh, well not sure about the more text part, but the plot is so zanny that a lot of that text would be reduced once it becomes moving pictures. So to speak.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
Orion is rather wordy, and that's in part due to all the "technobabble" the characters get into. Shirow seems to have spent quite a while on building the cosmos in it, evidenced in the appendices (at least on my old TPB) where he goes to some length explaining how he combined Orion's magic with particle physics. It would be nice to see a longer feature than 150 seconds though...

...and so mr. Shirow, where's my Appleseed volume 5? Smile
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I wish sensi-Shirow would finally get back to making mangas like Orion or Ghost in the Shell, and Dominion. Its been too long...

I just re-read Orion, it such good read once in a while. I wish he had made sequel that it suggested at the end.

I'll have to find the video...if its possible...looking around seems to be no where.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for more adaptations of Masamune Shirow's works, but this is a weird choice. I can't imagine what they could gave made of Orion in two and a half minutes. Maybe somebody's head exploding after reading some of it? The world always needs more exploding heads. David Cronenberg taught us that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1