• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sailor Moon GN 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
− Little girls with big girl bodies

How could that be a negative???? I sure dont see it that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Quote:

How could that be a negative???? I sure don't see it that way.

My thoughts exactly. It's a big reason for 40% of guys who got into Sailor Moon
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Quote:

The review isn't talking about the senshi. Chibiusa's friend Momo-chan is somewhere around 7 years old. She shouldn't have an hourglass figure yet.
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
You are spot-on about the development of Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask. He actually DOES stuff! He's actually useful in battle, versus just showing up, throwing a rose, giving a little inspirational speech, and buggering off. He's USEFUL! In the anime, for the most part, he's sort of a nonentity, but in the manga he is more like an honorary Senshi, and I approve.

I did not notice the overdevelopment of the little kid characters. Something tells me I'm better off that way.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
The translator tells us to look up the attack names? Wow.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 am Reply with quote
Smile

It's been a while since I read Sailor Moon, but if I recall correctly I know the sex scene you are talking about.

It actually surprised me quite a bit, considering that after watching ALL The anime series before it (with specials, and movies and more specials) there isn't a SINGLE sex scene around (implicit or not). So, when I read the manga, that was like an awesome moment.

Because it's like you said, more "mature". That moment it's one of those little things that really close the gap between the teen Sailors and the future Queens and Kings they are meant to be.

Brainchild129 wrote:
You are spot-on about the development of Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask. He actually DOES stuff! He's actually useful in battle, versus just showing up, throwing a rose, giving a little inspirational speech, and buggering off. He's USEFUL! In the anime, for the most part, he's sort of a nonentity, but in the manga he is more like an honorary Senshi, and I approve.

Mamoru is so MUCH better in the manga, I could finally root for him. In the anime every time he made his trademark rose attack I felt it was the comedy relief of the episode (damn, that tune that always played in the background became super cheesy by season 2 already). And the less said about his "punch lines" the better...
Hellfish

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Takeuchi tendency to give big breast to little girls also anoys me O.o (Sure there is the ocasional young girl who develops early but not each and everyone O.o) By the time dead moon circus come they will even show cleavage... it's just so strange...

And I also love Mamoru in the manga, and find myself pointing people to it everytime they complain about him being useless. Sure, he has this tendency of being targeted by the enemies first but he does do stuff.

The art in this volumes is probably my less favorite in all the series tough.. I can not really explain why Sad
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Lol, I remember that particular scene from when I was in the 6th or 7th grade with Mamoru and Usagi back when Tokyopop did it, and running all to my friends with the manga and going "Omg, they did it. They did it in the comic! The comic is soo much better." Half my friends didn't believe me since nothing was really shown.

Oh god that was almost 15 years ago.

Manga Mamoru is so much better.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Kohii wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Quote:

The review isn't talking about the senshi. Chibiusa's friend Momo-chan is somewhere around 7 years old. She shouldn't have an hourglass figure yet.

I don't think Momo have an hourglass figure.

Though I never heard of her before until after reading the manga since i watched the anime so i wouldn't know better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
She has an hourglass figure in the manga and anime. I thought she was older, but hearing she's around Rini's age, not sure what to think.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Lol, I remember that particular scene from when I was in the 6th or 7th grade with Mamoru and Usagi back when Tokyopop did it, and running all to my friends with the manga and going "Omg, they did it. They did it in the comic! The comic is soo much better." Half my friends didn't believe me since nothing was really shown.

Oh god that was almost 15 years ago.

Manga Mamoru is so much better.

I bought that last volume of the spanish edition at least 10 years ago and I was equally surprised. Then somebody lend me the spanish edition of the black moon saga and it surprised me too to see they started early and not just after all the fights were over Anime hyper

Haterater wrote:
She has an hourglass figure in the manga and anime. I thought she was older, but hearing she's around Rini's age, not sure what to think.

Tura Satana had already breasts by age 9. But then again she was the rare case not the rule.
I think the whole thing gets ridiculous on the special of the pawnshop when we are shown some girls the age of Chibiusa not only with obvious breast but with big cleavage and stilettos Anime hyper And after that Chibi Chibi with stilettos on her suit O.o
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1