• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Age: Dawn of The Seeker Premiere Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I really dislike the art and animation, Advent Children looks way better and it came out in 2005.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I really dislike the art and animation, Advent Children looks way better and it came out in 2005.

I agree but you have to understand that Advent Children probably had a much higher budget then this and was done by Square who is well know for producing and working with companies that can make some incredible CGI.

That said I personally coulden't care less about this thing here. I'm not a Dragon Age fan in the least and the art style is terrible. I'm far more interested in the Mass Effect co pro they are working on but even that is starting to lose my interest as the series trilogy is over and my attention on it is starting to wane.

Still I would like to see these sell well because if they do it will mean good things in the future as there could be better and more solid co pros made from series more anime fans care about. I would LOVE to see a little Sly Cooper in anime form and I think the medium fits it perfectly.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

As with any other form of animation, there are different styles of CG animation, especially noticeable between Oxybot and Square. Though both companies can produce very detailed work (cityscapes or space faring ships, for example), I generally prefer the character models of Square over Oxybot. Still, I've accepted the Oxybot models for what they are.

I wasn't familiar with the Dragon Age mythos either, but I still enjoyed the movie as a standalone piece and I don't regret purchasing the BD. I wouldn't mind seeing more of these types of projects being done.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
Well, as they say with anime, story is paramount; so long as the story is good, we'd forgive cheap animation.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Well, as they say with anime, story is paramount; so long as the story is good, we'd forgive cheap animation.

It's really hard to come up with an example off the top of my head that have good stories with these kinds of premises. Or maybe the story is good, but the execution is poor.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1